Chapter 43

We were all sat around the table, the whole family and Ryan.

“So Ryan, did you get everything you needed to get done?” My Dad asked.

“I did actually.” He looked a little nervous, but I shrugged off, probably just tired.

“This is a great meal, really good.” I announced with a mouthful of food, they all had a good laugh at that. “Shut up.” I muttered.

“I agree actually.” Ryan commented, a small smile on his face.

“That we should shut up or that this is delicious?” Granddad asked.

“Delicious.” That earned him a slap from me. “I take it back, you should shut up.”

“I don’t believe you now though.” I pointed out, shaking my head at him.

“Well, I’ll have to change that won’t I.” He stated.

“And how do you plan on doing that?” I questioned.

“Finish eating and you’ll see.” He shared a glance with my Dad, this is all very strange. I’m too busy eating though to care all that much. The meal went quickly, playing games and laughing and talking. It was great, all in all this Christmas has been amazing. Beautiful. By the time we had all finished the day was ending, it was dark outside and it looked so lovely out there. Suddenly Ryan jumped to his feet. “I love you so much and we haven’t been together all that long. But everything is perfect with you. Every last thing. I don’t want to spend another minute apart. Ever.” Just like that he was down on one knee, my heart was beating double time. “Will you marry me?” He pulled out the most gorgeous ring I’ve ever seen.

“Yes I will, you idiot.” He laughed happily, surging up to kiss me. As I was lost in the kiss he slipped the ring onto my finger. “I love you too.” I whispered when he pulled back. His smile was enough to make me melt into his arms. This man. My fiancé may well be the death of me.

“This is the main reason I couldn’t have you around.” He admitted.

“It’s almost worth it.” I confessed.

“Go on lovebirds. Get to the hotel.” My Dad sighed.

“You’re fine with this?” I asked, more than a little surprised.

“Ryan asked for permission to marry you. I’ve known all about it.” Dad smiled a little. “You two are good for each other, I don’t think you could find a better man out there.” I ran to hug him before giving else a little hug before grabbing Ryan’s hand.

“Don’t forget the dog!” Mum shouted before we left.

“Shit.” I laughed. “HUDSON!” That little puppy is adorable.

“You like the distraction?” Ry asked, looking at Hudson. I finally understood, the dog was to stop me asking questions and the ring was the true secret mission.

“I love it. When is the wedding then?”

“Tomorrow.” He teased.

“I was thinking a summer wedding would be nice.” I suggested.

“Could be nice. UK or America?”

“Difficult. We’d have to pay for my friends and family to get to the US if we do it there.” I reminded him.

“Same if we do it here, my family would be there.” Ryan pointed out.

“I know that idiot.” I shook my head at him, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“Oi. Don’t distract me, we don’t need another crash to worry about.”

“Fine.” I sighed, leaning back in my seat.

“US. In the summer.” Ryan blurted.

“Sounds good. Find out when people tend to be free and we can look into it a little more.”

“Got it babe.” Ry agreed. I wouldn’t have dreamed of having this conversation for a good long while. And here I am. With my beautiful Ryan and my dog and a future. A seriously attractive future. And I can’t wait for it to begin. This is our forever and always.

A/N - This is it guys, the final chapter :( A happy ending for you and if I really feel inspired I may come back to it one day. Thank you so much for reading, I'd love to hear what you thought and please check out my other stories XD