Chapter 40

Four days. And I know I’m getting worse. I’ve become that person who sits in her room and listens to music all day. It started with songs that made me smile, and people were a little concerned, now I sit and listen to depressing songs that sometimes make me cry.

“Amy, you need to eat.” My Mum sighed.

“I’m not hungry.”

“Eat the fucking roll.” She snapped placing it on my bed before storming out I could hear her on the phone. “Ryan, I know you are buys but she is losing it over here. You need to talk to her, or do something.” Main problem, Ryan is too busy to talk to me. I almost get the feeling he is avoiding me, and it is a little irritating. “Okay, I know. I’ll give him a ring.” My phone buzzed a few minute later. ‘Cheer up babe x ;) I love you’ I smiled a little, but it wasn’t too much of a help. I know I’m being childish, I really should not be acting this stupid. I ate the roll slowly, more to please everyone else to be honest.

“WAKE UP!” I shot up in bed, and saw Danny there beaming at me.

“Dan?” I asked, confused. Am I dreaming here?

“Surprise.” He smiled. “Someone phoned me and said you are in need of a cheer up.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yeah, fuck off will you? I need to get dressed.” He chuckled and left the room, letting me change into proper clothes. Which in itself is an improvement.

“Come on. Lets do something.” He grabbed my arm and pulled me downstairs.

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. How about…. I don’t know.”

“Well, neither do I.”

“Give me a minute.”

“You have one minute before I go back upstairs to sulk.” I warned, dropping onto the couch.

“Not fair.” He moaned, I shrugged in response and tried not to laugh as he desperately attempted to find something we could do. “McDonald’s?” He suggested.

“Drive-thru.” I countered. “I’m not in the mood for any shit today, in and out.”

“You got it boss.” He mock saluted me before heading out the door. I keep forgetting he can’t drive, it’s extremely problematic. He called his driver, who was round in only a few minutes, poor guy though, must get called left, right and centre.

“Where to Sir?” He asked.

“Stop with the sir thing Steve, we are going to McDonalds. The nearest one.” Steve nodded and pressed a few buttons on his satnav before we drove off. I could have given them instructions, but they don’t seem all that bothered and I didn’t think about it till after we were leaving. And by then it was a little too late to offer. We drove in silence, but when we got there it was Steve who spoke first.