Chapter 20 Truth

Sirius🐾

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"I can't believe this happened!"

"How did it happen is what I want to know?!"

"So Lily was there too?"

"That's what I heard"

"And it was a werewolf?"

Sirius could hear the murmurs as he walked to the hospital wing that Saturday morning .

"Sirius !" Marlene exclaimed as soon as he walked into the common room .

"Is she okay?" Sirius asked looking at Lydia who was pure white faced and looked almost ..... Dead .

"She's gonna be fine " Marlene replied taking my hand . I could see that all of the girls had been crying their eyes out .

"That's good " I replied squeezing Marlene's hand and not letting go . I didn't want . I never would want to.

"I wish we didn't play truth or dare " Mary said sadly and looked on the verge of tears .

"This is my fault " Lily said sobbing into Lydia's stomach .

"Lily this isn't your fault !" Alice said patting her back and whispering some comforting words in her ear .

"Yeah lily there's no way this could be your fault ! if you hadn't been there or if Lydia had been on her own she would be dead right now " Frank said putting his hand on her shoulder and giving it a light squeeze .

"Thanks you guys " Lily sniffled then she turned to me "Sirius can I have a word?" she asked me .

"Of course" I replied and followed her out the room .

"How are you doing ?" I asked .

"Pretty bad " she replied and was letting tears fall .

"Lily this isn't your fault!"

"I should have done more!"

"Look that werewolf was out of control and you would be dead if you had got in the way and Lydia's going to be fine in a few days "

"Is Remus always like that?"

"Well not always usually he's- omg you know !" I exclaimed.

"I figured it out last night " she replied .

"Look Lily I know your probably mad at Remus and me and James because you've probably got that own figured out too haven't you?"

"Of course , it doesn't take a genius "

"No it doesn't , it takes a Lily Evans " I replied with a smile and she did something that surprised me , she hugged me . Not like a jily hug but a sibling hug like her and Remus did .

"Just promise you won't tell anyone about this ? because it'll crush Remus if people knew " I asked.

"I promise "