Chapter 15

Lily

"Wait hold up a minute, who said what and where and how are me and Lily involved?" James asked standing up confused .

I looked at Remus and Sirius and then James and that's when I ran . I ran for dear life and not look back when I heard feet behind me . Then someone grabbed me .

"Lily are you alright ?" Severus asked looking all concerned in a deserted corridor .

"Fine thanks " I spat at him panting and trying to fix my hair that was all tangled .

"Then why are you running ?" He asked and then loosened his hold on my shoulders .

"None of your business " I said trying to walk away but he put his arm in front of me and pushing me back to face him .

"Not so fast "

"Go to hell"

"Look Lily , I get it okay? But your the one who gave up in our friendship "

"And I wonder why that was" I said sarcastically .

"And now you even like Potter" he said in disgust .

"And so what if me and James talk now " I said angrily .

"But you hate him!"

"I didn't hate him . I never hated James and do you want to know why?"

"Yea, yea I do actually "

"Because he was there for me ! Actually he was always there for me when I needed him and in ways you never way and most of all , he never gave up on me when I would scream and shout or even try to slap him !But YOU did ! I told you to leave me alone once and you just gave up and I guess that goes to show how much you gave a damn about the mudblood " I said and with that Severus arm was down and I walked away to get some space and figure out what I was going to tell James in the morning .

•James•

I ran after Remus and Sirius after they ran after Lily.

"Padfoot , Moony !" I shouted down the corridor .

"My Merlin ! do you want me to get caught!" Said a shrill voice behind me .

"Myrtle? Why aren't you in your bathroom ?" I asked confused .

"Well it's never been the same since you and that Sirius Black came into it " she said with a shiver . Can ghosts even shiver ? .

"Um.. I'm I mean we're sorry " I said putting a hand in my hair .

"Too little six years late " she said turning to float away .

"Wait Myrtle!" I shouted back to the ghost .

"Oh what is it no?" She moaned .

"What did you mean by "do you want me to get caught?" is Filch and his rat of a cat out? " I asked hoping for the answer no .

"Of course he is ! he doesn't like me that much tough , threaten to go to the headmaster or the bloody baron if I didn't stay in my toilet , but who wants to stay in the place where they were murdered " She replied and then floated away to Merlin knows where .

But Myrtle's problems were Myrtle's problems and I had to and go and solve mine first. I as walking about for five minutes when I heard Sirius and Remus arguing in a whisper .

"You git!" I heard Remus say and then the sound of a light smack .

"Ouch ,what was that for?" Sirius exclaimed .

"Because now Lily has to tell James how she feels " Remus scowled .

"Well it's about time ! I mean how long was she going to wait huh?" Sirius snapped at him .

"Look Sirius when I told you about what Lily said about James you promised me that you wouldn't interfere " Remus said now steading his voice a little .

"I know I know but , I just felt angry and annoyed " Sirius said .

"Look it doesn't matter so come on let's go before James comes " Remus said .

As he and Sirius walked past I shrink into the wall and thought of Lily .

She hated me . Didn't she? Of course she did I mean her even having to tolerate me would ruin her life . But why had she ran when I asked what was Padfoot talking about and why had Moony and Padfoot run too? Nothing added up . James would have to ask at least one if them , but not right now . It was midnight . So James dragged himself back to the heads common room and found that he was going to be the only one sleeping there that night .

The next morning came fast seeing as James had fallen asleep as soon as his head had hit the touch of the pillow . But he got up and put on his uniform and looked for Lily.

There was no sign of the ginger but when he seen Melanie Lupin he went straight over to her .

"Hey um Nina can you give me and Melanie a second " I asked the twin .

"Of course " she said politely and went over to some boys , which was in no way okay with James . The McKinnon girls were James's "sisters" practically .

"What's up James " Melanie asked .

"I was just wondering if you knew how Lily felt about me ?" I asked folding my arms across my chest . Melanie went pale and looked around seeing if she could make a run for it but she knew too well I would catch her before she even turned her head around .

"James she um....I shouldn't .....I mean I really shouldn't .....you should ask Lily " Melanie stuttered shaking her head and going paler by the second.

"Baby Lupin just spit it out " I said impatiently .

"James she ...."

Wanna know what happens next ? then you better keep reading .

-Kelsey😏😏