Chapter 24

•Lily•

"Okay so you all think Remus likes Lydia , when he told you he didn't and only wanted to stay friends " I repeated for the third time so I made sure I was right .

"Yes!" They all shouted at me in despair .

"I thought you were smart Lils " Marlene stated rolling her eyes .

"I am!" I defended myself .

"Cocky much?" Alice laughed .

"Shut it Prewett !" I snapped "I just don't get it , Remus never told me he liked her and I'm his best friend"

"Lily he didn't tell anyone , he's Remus " Mary pointed out simply .

"I guess " I whispered.

"Where did all you three go off to ?" Sirius shouted barging through the heads common room so the girls could go and talk in private . But they forgot one simple thing, they were friends with Sirius .

"We had to talk " Marlene answered .

"About me?" Sirius joked throwing his arm around Marlene's shoulder who pushed him off her rather to fiercely for even Marlene .

"What's up Marl?" James asked suspicious looked more directly at Sirius than Marlene .

"It's nothing and I dunno know how to handle it " Marlene answered but looked at Sirius than James . Sirius looked ashamed and don't even bother to look her in the eye and kept his head down .

"Marlene you okay?" I asked kneeling down beside her again(since James pulled me onto his lap when he walked in )

"Yeah I'm fine "she muttered getting up quickly and brushed past me which caused me to fall back .

"She's not fine " Mary said pointing out the obvious as soon as Marlene left with a bang(literally) .

"No magic Merlin " Alice retorted rolling her eyes .

"I'll go and check on her " I said getting up and brushing myself off .

"No" James said getting up and standing infront of me and then leaning down and giving me a small peck in the check " I'll go and talk to her " . Wonder what Sirius did this time .