Chapter thirteen

I was on top of my bed with my laptop, it was faulty and I needed it for some reasons.
"Chloe my laptop is messing up, Aargh, this is getting on my nerves"

"Sorry, take it to Dre, he familiar with them, he fixed my laptop when it had issues" she said from the loo."

" Alright, let me get dressed"
I wore a orange short gown and a footwear, putting the laptop in my laptop bag.

"Do you know Dre birthday is around the corner?" She asked.

"Nope, he didn't tell me, Chloe we will talk later, I have to fix this now, I have a lot of things to do with it" I said and headed out.

When I went to Dre's house, I opened the door and got in. He was in the dinning.
"Ok, I can see you have forgotten how to press the bell"

"Maybe I have" I said heading to where he was. " Dre, i need you to please fix my laptop, it's having problem and I really need it"

"Let me see" he said and i handle it to him.
He started fixing it and I stood quietly close to him.

"I have been longing to tell you something important" he said.

"Huh, what's that?"

"I don't know how to say it, I know it's kind of weird but Cindy, I'm smitten by you." He said as he slightly looked at me sideways with a half smile. I was left speechless.

"I don't expect you to say anything, I know it's shocking, but you are the only girl I want to be with, I really want you to be my girlfriend Cindy. No rush, I will give you the time you need to think about it, just get back to me when you have an answer" he said with a smile handing me my laptop. He placed his hands over mine when I tried taking the laptop.

"Have a nice day" he said.

I quickly left, I couldn't say a word.
With the way he acted and what Chloe always told me, I knew this was going to come but I didn't know why I was still surprised when he told me.

I thought of telling Chloe, Dre is her cousin and of course she would love me to date him, she has always wanted that, I wanted to keep it to myself and think it through knowing fully well who Dre really is.
*********
I kept it to myself, I didn't bother telling Chloe about it.
For over a week, i didn't give Dre any response, calls, nor text, and I tried avoiding him.

I was coming out of class when I stumbled into Dre.
"Shit!" I said, trying to walk pass him but he immediately held my hand.

"You're trying to ignore me, no you are totally ignoring me"

"I am not ignoring you, I just need space"

"Did you think about what I told you?"

"That why I need space, I need space to think, I'll get back to you when am done" I said and left.

I noticed that Cara was looking at us non-stop, I don't know what that look meant, if it was a blank stir or there was something behind it.
When I left, Mike walked up to Dre.
"Hey dude" he called Dre.

"Hey buddy" Dre responded.

"Is everything ok?"

"Nah, I told her, I told her I am in love with her and now she's acting weird, she's avoiding me, she's not picking my calls nor replying my text. I shouldn't have"

"It's better you did bro, it's might turn out well, who knows" he said with a shrug.

"Hope so" Dre said.

"Did you see the way Cara gazed at you both, she was standing right there" he said pointing to where she was standing.

"I didn't even notice" Dre said.