Chapter twelve

The following day, I, Chloe and Dre decided to hang out. We visited Mrs Charlotte in her restaurant, she served us as she would normally do like we were her kids.

"What an amazing dish" Dre said.

"It's really tasty" I added.

"Chloe" he called.

"Huh" she replied.

"Mum called me yesterday"

"She did? Why?"

"She told me your sis would be getting married soon, why didn't you informed me?"

"Sorry, it skipped my memory."

"Your sister? Chloe you never told me you have a sister"

"She's not like my blood sister, she's my half sister".

"She's still your sister Chloe" Dre said.

"Yeah I know"

"How come you've never mentioned her, I haven't seen her in any photo."

"That's because she didn't grow up with us and she hardly come around, I know you still have a lot of questions within you that you wanna ask so let me start by clarifying them. It all started from a one night mistake, her mom and my dad were besties at college, so at their graduation night party, they had a lot to drink, got really drunk and did things they weren't meant to do.
Anyways being matured, they understood it was nobody's fault and they didn't want to get married to each other because they weren't in love so they decided to part ways but before then, she realized she was pregnant, she told my dad and showed him the pregnancy result, my dad was ready to take responsibility but she wanted to be independent and raise her kid she herself so she disappeared with the child. Seven years ago, she came back with an all grown daughter, with four years age difference from my age, of course she's my senior sis. I don't know what she, my father and my mom discussed but I was just sitting in the living room looking at her. After their discussion, we had a family dinner together and they came visiting often. We didn't interact well though, we weren't that free with each other no matter how my mom tried. I have kept on forcing myself to like her because of her mom was really a nice person"

"Is she rude?" I asked.

"No, Emma is a nice girl, calm and gentle. Just that I wasn't used to her so I never liked her. End of discussion please"

"Or you didn't want to share your dad's love with someone else" Dre said with a smirk.

"Shut up" she said and we all laughed.

"So how are they doing now?" I asked.

"She's fine" she replied.

"And her mom?"

"Her mom is late now"

"Oh my! What happened?"

"I don't really know but she died three years ago"

"Poor girl" I said with sympathy "so she's getting married?"

" Yeah, soon"

"Courtesy demands we should go visit her at least, before the wedding" I implied.

"Nah" she said shaking her head in disagreement.

"Yeah, am in support" Dre said.

"There is no need, we'll show up at the wedding"

"As much as you don't like her, there is still a need to show some respect" I said.

"Fine, fine, can we change the topic now?"