Chapter nineteen.

Every single day, I woke up to Dre texts.

["All I seek is to meet you once, even if you never get to trust me, let me just see you once please"]

["When I once said you are my addiction, it wasn't just a sweet talk, I meant every single word I said to you. Am slowly loosing my mind, please let's meet up, please Cindy"]

["Why does love has to be unfair to me, I know I was such a terrible person and maybe I was never good for you but please just hear me out, I would never cheat on you"]

["Some feelings will never pass away
Some moments will never fade away
Some memories can never be lost.
And some one like you would never fade away. What you saw was enough to end things between us but I begging you, please hear me out, please"]

["You were such a wonderful person, and we had a great time together. Though it is hard to accept that fact that you don't want me anymore and we probably weren't meant to be.
But I just have to bid you goodbye.
I would forever cherish everything we shared"]

I didn't bother reply to any, cause i had long ago sent that relationship to the dark side, but I still had feeling for him. They weren't something I couldn't wipe away so easy.

***********

The following week, I had a poem recitation to do at school. I had to go to school, I just hope I wouldn't get to met Dre ever again.

I knocked on the door and Chloe came to open up, she was shocked to see me.

"Cindy, welcome" she said and gave me a tight hug.

"Thanks"

"Cindy I know what happened, i have been with Dre for too long to know when he is lying and when he is being sincere, Cindy, Dre would never - - -"

"I don't hear it. Chloe I beg of you, please don't spoil my mood now, for goodness sake, I know what my eyes saw, it's not like it was a dream or something. Infact I wouldn't want to go there now, I just came to say hello and tell you I will be having a poetry recitation at the auditorium, so feel free to come. And please don't tell Dre about this."

"So will you be coming back after the presentation?"

"No, I will go back to Evelyn's place"

"Which is?"

"Somewhere around" I said with a fake smile knowing fully well she was trying to find out the location for Dre.

"Ok, so - - - Cindy please speak to him just once for my - - -" she was about to say but I interrupted.

"Chloe I have to go now, I don't have much time, we will talk later." I said as i immediately left.

She picked up her phone and quickly she called dre.

"If you really want to see her again you should head to the auditorium right now. This might be your only chance, I don't know"

"Thanks sis." He said and hanged off.

**********
I was reciting a Shakespearean poem titled (sonnet 116).

While reciting the poem, I found Dre sitting in the middle seat. Everything came flashing back to my mind and I couldn't take my eyes off him while reciting the last verse of the poem.

{ Love is not time's fool,
Though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass call:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved."}

All my attention was still on him, gazing at him with rage of anger even though deep down, I really missed him.
I was still carried away by thoughts till the cheering and claps drew my attention back.