Chapter 23, Chronicles of The Third Great Ninja War: Part 7

Start from the beginning

A few people in the Uchiha clan knew of Ichiko's expected child including the leader and his wife. Others knew of her pregnancy, but they never knew who the father was.

The long awaited day has finally arrived, leaving Ichiko and Hayate on their growing nerves.

Pregnancy Status: Finally Due

Ichiko had been preparing herself mentally as well as physically. Childbirth is no easy task, but her mind remained cemented on the fact that the pain will be worth it when she finally gets to see the face of her long awaited first born child.

Danzo has had enough time to prepare for the long awaited November 11. He had already calculated everything that needs to be done with extra backup plans. His plan shall be put in motion at least six hours after Ichiko gives birth.

It was finally time. Ichiko's baby bump was finally doing to deflate. A few ninja medics along with Hayate and Kushina had volunteered to stand side by side with Ichiko while she gives birth. Ichiko remembered all that she'd been taught about birth giving. Steady air takes, strong pushes, and keeping a stable mindset. But that didn't prevent her anxiety and fear from taking over last minute.

"It's coming!!", Ichiko had cut through everyone's trance, "oh my god the baby is coming!"

"It's coming?!", Hayate had blurted in a dumbfounded way.

"Well of course it is!", Kushina had retorted to Hayate.

Ichiko had reminded herself to breath as her water broke. A positive mindset. She kept reminding herself. A goddamn positive mindset. The ninja medics had rushed over.

"Push!", one ordered.

"Breath!", another instructed.

"Push!", the first one reminded.

It was a cold night. The dark clouds of a November's rainy night circulated around. In a moment's notice, Ichiko had forgotten all that she has learned throughout the months. As a result, she was left screaming in agony, the entirety of her body felt like it was burning alive. Hayate was at her side, allowing her to hold onto his hand while she pushes. Ichiko had squeezed Hayate's hand so tight he felt like she might've broken it.

Eventually, Ichiko began cursing out loud a string of not-so-kind profanities and it seemed to help her cope with the pain of birthing Hanabi.

"I can't $@&%^*£ take this anymore!", she bellowed. Everyone in the room tried to calm her down and remind her to breath steadily.

"I AM GIVING BIRTH HOW THE @%€$ AM I SUPPOSED TO CALM THE @%€$ DOWN?!?!"

Her screams and profanities have echoed throughout the hospital's hallways, rendering everyone speechless.

"I AM IN $@&*^%€ PAIN!!", Ichiko yells at no one in particular.

"Keep pushing!!", a ninja medic instructed, ignoring her profanities, and sweat dripped down her forehead.

"Ichiko, follow the doctor's orders", Kushina urges, the fear getting more evident on her face.

Ichiko took in a deep breath and pushed hard. She had to get through the birth-giving state if she ever were to see her daughter's face.

"I see it's head!!", the doctor yelled.

"Push harder Ichiko!", Kushina urged her.

"Easier said than done!!"

"Ichiko, please..", Hayate's voice was lowered as he gave Ichiko's hand a squeeze back.

Ichiko was tired. Sweat engulfed her body and she felt all sorts of exhaustion. However, when she saw Hayate's concerned face, she recalled every moment they've spend together.

She remembered how Hayate would talk to her belly more than her. How he'd insisted on going shopping for baby clothes. The way he complied to her every need and how he took care of her all this time. There was one thing she was sure of, and that was her determination to see her child's face and Hayate's smile.

She gave Hayate's hand one last  squeeze before informing in a hoarse voice, "Hayate Namikaze, get ready for fatherhood".

She witnessed how Hayate's eyes immediately sparked with what she assumed to be tears. And so she took in a deep breath, hellbent on getting this birth over with.

After another complete hour of agonizing screaming and endless pushes Ichiko fell back in her hospital bed, drenched in sweat, a smile broke onto her face once she heard the high pitched cry of her first born. But just when Ichiko felt like she could finally relax...

"Oh...my...god..."

"What?! Is something wrong with my baby?!", Ichiko had urged despite her tired physical state.

"..."

Hanabi was engulf in her father's arms and Kushina leaned in to inspect her tiny features.

"I heard a crying noise!! Is she born yet?!", Minato burst into the room without a second thought, his eyes warmed instantaneously once he spotted the little infant wrapped with a green blanket in Hayate's arms.

"She looks like her father!", Kushina had cheered, looking up at Minato.

"WHAT?!", Ichiko had bellowed before her exhaustion had taken over her and she fell back in bed.

Welcome to the world, Hanabi Namikaze.

***

"Lord Danzo!", a nameless Anbu subordinate blurted.

"I know", Danzo had replied flatly, "it has been some painful months here and there, but alas, the long awaited hybrid is finally here. I shall mark this day from now on. November 11", Danzo had turned his attention to his subordinates.

The team of his nameless Anbu members lowered their heads as he ordered, "You already know what to do. Our plan has two parts which all of you should know by heart now".

His subordinates nodded their heads and Danzo immediately ordered,"Scatter!".

He was smirking wickedly like always. He knew that tonight he was the one who's going to win.

____________________________________

A/N:- Some more filler chapters up ahead before we get back to the actual canon story.  And y'all I can feel the plot coming together in my head. All that's left is for me to write it down. Thank you all for the support!!

Fun Fact:- I was holding on to the hope that my parents would get me a cat, which I respectively was planning on naming it Hanabi...but when they didn't I figured I'd just name my character Hanabi so yeahh...

Let me know if you want more fun facts regarding this story at the end of upcoming chapters.

~A