Chapter 30 - Adjustments

Start from the beginning

"That girl was getting on my nerves. You showed up just in time. I was about to get rude with her."

"I had as much as I could stand of her. I didn't think a repeat performance of the hotel was a good idea while you are working. That would have definitely made the news." We laughed at the memory of the sasaeng in Atlanta. "Did you get to eat lunch today?" I asked because sometimes his schedule was so busy that he had to skip meals or eat junk food.

"Sort of. I had cup ramen earlier."

"I hate it when you can't get a real break to eat lunch. I am off for the rest of the day. How much longer will you be here? I would love to have dinner with my hubby tonight." I played with the collar of his shirt as I looked up at him innocently.

"I think we will be done in a about an hour, but then I have to go to practice for a little while. I would love to have dinner with my wifey though. I feel like I have barely seen you this week and I miss you," he stroked my hair and smiled. "Can you hang around and we can sneak away for a quick dinner before practice?" he winked.

"I think that could be arranged." He smiled and then pouted when his stomach decided to growl. We giggled at the timing. I kissed him and there was a knock at the door. It was a staff member looking for him. He told them he would be right there and then turned his attention back to me.

"I will try to wrap up as quickly as I can. That girl is really dragging things out."

"She just needs to keep her distance from you. I was watching for a few minutes and saw how she is flirting with you." His eyebrows shot up.

"I did not know you were here! I would have taken a break sooner."

"It is okay. I was enjoying watching you work. I was not, however, enjoying watching her work." My irritation was visible. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tight against his body.

"I am sorry for that. She is trying to find someone to manipulate. She is not interested in me; she is interested in who I am. She thinks I could help her career. I have no time or interest in helping people like her. She does not even like her group members. You can see it clearly when they interact."

"I am not worried about her, but I still don't like it when she touches you. This is mine," I said as I squeezed him in as tight of a bear hug as I could muster. He laughed at me and kissed my forehead. Public "skinship" like she was displaying was not acceptable, especially with someone who is married. Even though she was only doing it off camera, it still made my blood boil and was completely inappropriate. I had never felt this level of possessiveness over a man before and it frightened me a little. Not that I really had that much experience in that area, but it was new. This wasn't jealousy and it wasn't insecurity. It was flat out possessiveness.

"Yes, it is yours. All of me belongs to you, my heart, my body, my soul. But I do have to loan it out to the show for a bit. I have to get back now. Wait for me and we will get dinner." A quick peck and a slap on the butt later, we were headed back to the set.

A little over an hour later, they wrapped shooting. Aria had left him alone for the most part, but she was pouting and it was making me sick. She tried it with Hyungwon, but he just turned and walked away from her with a disgusted snarl on his face. She now seemed to have focused her attention on one of the other guests who was a very popular veteran idol. He seemed amused but not at all taken by her. I think he was enjoying toying with her. Under other circumstances, it may have been amusing to watch her little games. Minhyuk appeared by my side and took my hand. He brought it to his lips and held it there for a few seconds as he looked lovingly at me. I felt like he was up to something, but I had no idea what.