14 Only For A Moment

Start from the beginning

"So what, Elle isn't like us? I still love her more than anything in this world and because of you I'm going to lose her. Say what you want, blame it on my ignoring you or whatever- I don't care. Just know that because of you, I'm going to lose her." 

There was silence after that.  

The only noise, the constant beeping of the heart rate monitor beside her, before her door swung open and in walked her precious, high and mighty Alpha. Who thought he was far too good to be with her because she wasn't blessed with as powerful DNA as he was.  

She couldn't stop the venom that leaked into her voice as she spat out, "What're you doing here?" 

Despite her obvious rudeness towards him he chuckled and sat on the chair Elle had been residing in, "You mad at me to huh Tiny?" 

She didn't reply, just clenched her jaw and glared at him. 

"I promise you, I tried to save your jeans but between holding all your hair back and keeping you from face planting into your own puke my hands were a little busy." 

She was so taken back by what he had told her, surprised that she'd forgotten all about the fact that he had indeed held her hair back and kept her from face planting into her own puke.  

"You really did that?" 

He nodded, "I guess I'm not as bad as you think Tiny. Now how're you feeling?" 

"Why do you even care?" Mad Jane was back. Something as odd as him momentarily taking care of her really didn't amount for the rest of the crap he'd put her through. Trying to reject her was one.  

"I don't know. To be honest I'm only here to see if you could tell me anything about what Ronan said to you." 

"I remember everything." 

"Everything?" Levi asked seeming to catch on to her double meaning and she nodded as she repeated, "Everything." 

"Well then Tiny. Exactly what is it that you remember?" 

"I remember Ronan was waffling on about me being special or something. How he'd waited a long time for this moment. He also told me you kept a lot of secrets." 

"Did he now?" 

Suddenly tired of playing games, Jane popped the tension bubble in the room, "He was right to. As you confessed that your perfect relationship isn't so perfect after all." 

"What gave you that impression?" Levi folded his arms as he stood up off the chair. 

"You told me you didn't love her. Now don't get me wrong, Erin is a fantastic girl and I could see why anyone would want to marry her. But if you don't love her, I have to wonder why." 

He smiled at her. Not one of his playboy smirks, but one of the real smiles he'd been showing her last night and the look of deeply etched sadness in his eyes almost made her question everything she thought she knew about him. Almost. 

"I do love Erin. Just not in the way I'm supposed to. I've known her since we were in pre-school and I do love her, just not in the way a husband is supposed to love a wife, or the way a mate is supposed to love a mate. But that's not what you asked was it? You asked me why." 

She nodded, weary of what he was going to say next.  

"Well, you see Tiny, I can't answer you... more like I won't. Honestly, it has nothing to do with you and I can marry or mate to whomever I want and I don't really have to have a reason for doing it. In other words, I don't really care about what you think. My love life is no concern of yours and you need to understand that as the Alpha I have no obligation to explain myself to anyone - not even you Tiny." 

She couldn't understand why his words hurt her so much. Why just hearing the anger and irritation in his voice made her feel like curling up and dying. Hadn't they been making progress? At least working their way towards being friends.  

But he's a jerk at heart.  

He always has been and he always will be, he was nice to her - but only for a moment. 

"Wow," she whispered breathlessly, "I don't know how else to say this Alpha but get the hell out of my room." 

He smirked, "With pleasure." 

As the door banged shut behind him she reached behind her and threw all the pillows at the door he'd just left through. Wishing she was able to throw them at his conceded head. But as the last pillow was flung from her hands she fell back onto the mattress regretting she'd dumped all her pillows because her stupid mate had said something that she had allowed to get to her.  

If he thought finding his precious apartment destroyed was bad... he has no idea what hell she's truly capable of creating.  

~*~

Authors Note

Looks like Levi is back to being a jerk again. Not that he ever really stopped I guess.
Thankyou all so much for commenting and voting on this story I am so grateful for everyone's support and kind words! It also makes me kind of sad to admit that I'll be back at work and school soon so updates will be going back to once or twice a week :( 
But, I will be posting teasers for chapters when breaks get too long on my profile page so anyonne who follows me can read those :)
(Sorry for the long A/N)
Jasmine

Next Update: 1100 Votes