27 New Deal

"Oh my God, its Elle!" Jane announced looking up from her phones display suddenly feeling extremely panicked. She looked from Luke back to Levi who both looked pretty thrown off.  

Jane was thrown off herself, her friends betrayal was still such a fresh wound that she hadn't really given much thought to what would happen the next time they spoke. Maybe she should just, ignore it? 

"I know what you're thinking," her mate spoke up breaking the silence that the phone had created, "But whatever you do, you can't let her get suspicious. If you ignore her call, she's going to think somethings up and call again. If you do answer, just try and act natural." 

"Easy for you to say," Jane muttered under her breath before she took in a deep breath and swiped answer. She could do this. Act normal, yeah, she could do that... hopefully. 

"Hey Elle," Jane cheerily answered into the phone, "What's up?" 

The response came from a deep voice she knew all too well, "Not Elle. Guess again?" 

Dropping the phone like it caught on fire she hung up and jumped away from it. Levi and Luke wore identical frowns as they watched her. Damn the whole twin thing can be, creepy at times.  

"What the hell happened?" Luke questioned just as the phone started ringing again, Elle's name once again popping up on the screen.  

"It wasn't Elle, it was Ronan." She admitted right as Levi went to reach for her phone and Luke let out an exaggerated sigh, "What is his obsession with us?" 

He turned to look at Levi as he pleaded, "I know you made me promise not to kill anyone while I'm staying in town, but this guy is getting on my last nerve. Please Levi! I promise I'll be discrete about it." 

"Luke," Levi growled as he answered the phone and placed it on speaker, "You're not killing anyone." 

"Oh I beg to differ," Ronan replied from the phone and Jane was wondering why Levi wouldn't just let Luke kill him. If Luke was offering then she saw no reason why one less annoying hunter in the world was a bad thing? 

She walked round the other side of the table to get closer to the phone. 

Luke growled, "You annoying little-" 

Jane elbowed Luke with a frown, gesturing for him to shut up just as Ronan's chuckles could be heard through the phone.  

"Ronan," Levi snapped, "What've you done with Mike and Elle?" 

Jane had no idea where her mate was going with this. If what Levi had told her about Elle was true, then it made sense that Ronan would have Elle's phone she's been working for him.  

"The same thing your brother did to my girlfriend today," Ronan replied, "I'm using them to my advantage." 

Luke held up his hands, "Don't look at me, I didn't do anything wrong." 

Jane doubted that, Luke seems to always get what he wants, no matter the cost. But that confirms that Elle really has been going behind her back and working with Ronan. Now the only question left to answer was why? 

"My brother claims he didn't do anything to your girlfriend," Levi informed Ronan, "To my understanding all he did was make a deal with her." 

"Well then, Levi," Ronan answered aggressively, "Allow me to make a deal with you." 

Jane did not like the way Ronan was talking to her mate. In fact, she was liking the idea of Luke disobeying his brother to kill the irritating more and more. It was either Luke do it, or she does.