09 Pack Meeting

"You really think this is going to work?" Jane covertly whispered to Elle trying to conceal the fact that she was trembling with nerves. Looking around she was greeted with the familiar sight of the foyer of the Alpha's house, so incredible in its design that she was normally gawking every time she entered into it – but not today. Today she was trying not to run out shrieking and panicking afraid that her nerves were going to consume her. Stuck in the middle of the relatively fast moving queue for those waiting to sign off their names, Jane swallowed back her nerves and begged her trembling hands to stop shaking as she stepped forward.

Nothing about this scene was particularly threatening, it was something she'd been doing her whole life, but as she anticipated Levi was there manning the entrance table. Any other pack member would just assume he was being polite and greeting the pack members as they signed their names off but she knew better. She knew that he was waiting for her to reach him so that he can see who she is and no doubt rejects her on the spot.

"Relax," Elle assured her in a hushed tone, "He hasn't even noticed you're here yet and besides, this plan is full proof."

"Like the last one?" She argued referring to Elle's oh so grand idea of ignoring Levi – because that had gone perfectly well.

Elle growled under her breath causing the boy who'd tagged alongside behind them to chuckle.

Nate had been close friends with Elle and Jane when they were younger and naturally, over time the three of them drifted apart. But luckily for the two of them, Elle had still kept in pretty good contact with Nate and as an aspiring actor, he was more than happy to help them out with their plan. Considering it involved a lot of theatricalities, something that was right up Nate's alley.

"I for one think it's a genius plan," Nate muttered flashing the girls his dimples and nudging Elle in the shoulder, "You're an evil mastermind, I have faith that your wicked ways will come through."

Elle frowned, not sure whether to take Nate's words as a good thing or a bad thing, "Thank you, I think?"

"You're welcome." Nate teased as the three moved up another space in line and Jane could see the second person she'd been dreading to see here besides Levi. Her mother. As far as embarrassing, humiliating parents went, her mother was up there with the best of them. There'd been too many moments ruined by her mother's mortifying ways and today would be another one to add to the list if Elle's plan failed.

Her mother sat at the entrance table, offering people chocolate chip cookies that she'd forced Jane and Peter to help make once all that insufferable dough had been rolled out. Her mother's blonde, bob cut was pulled back by a cute floral headband and her face was taken over by her gigantic smile. She looked like a pixie sitting there and making idle chat with the pack members her cute, welcoming charisma made Jane feel all the more nervous.

"You know she may look sweet, but underneath that whole Betty Crocker thing she's a demon. Where do you think my sister got her evil personality from?" Jane whispered harshly as her mother continued to laugh at smile like she was being paid to do it.

Nate looked over at her mom, "But your mom is like the cutest person I know."

She shuddered, "You see only what she wants you to see."

The conversation was dropped and Elle pulled out her phone with a mischievous grin, "Okay team, plan is ago. Mike is right on time."

Jane's hands began to shake and her breathing became shorter almost as though she was beginning to hyperventilate making her feel dizzy. She watched Elle slip away the phone as they moved up another step in line and her eyes met with Levi's. He seemed surprised for only a moment before that stupid smirk came back over his face and she could see how pleased he was thinking he'd got her.