15 Old Habits

To say these last few days had been total hell, would've been a drastic understatement, Jane decided glaring at the giant, robot like guards manning her door. Ever since she'd been released from the hospital - well, more like banned - her stupid mate had given her a security detail.  

A friggin security detail!  

To keep her from getting into anymore unnecessary "trouble" treating her as though she was going out there and asking Ronan to come and kill her. She couldn't even go and crowbar Levi's car like she'd planned to because the guards assigned to her twenty-four seven wouldn't let her leave her dorm for anything other than school or work. She wasn't even allowed to visit Elle or Nate who was still recovering in the hospital.  

And she really needed to see him to, not only to make sure he was okay but to find out what he was doing at a frat party full of hunters so far away. And he was alone! But the stupid doctors put both she and Elle on a temporary ban list after they erased and stole all of Jane's files. The lengths she was willing to go to keep Levi from finding out her name was frightening.  

She did not want to give him that satisfaction of rejecting her!  

If anything she's going to reject him, when she's good and ready and finished making him lose his mind to the insanity she was going to inflict. 

Hearing a loud knock on the door she sighed in relief and couldn't help but laugh to the point of tears when she saw Elle. Crammed in the tightly spaced hallway between four of the packs guards, Elle was wearing a look that could kill even the devil. Elle pushed past the men and slammed the door behind her as she growled, "I'm so mad at that asshole!" 

"Which one?" Jane asked not sure if Elle was referring to Mike or Levi as both were equally stupid and annoying, maybe it runs in the family? 

"Both!" Elle shouted beginning to pace, the short length of the dorm, "How could they treat us like this? We're not two years old we don't need babysitters!" 

Jane nodded in agreement searching through the mini-fridge, Cassie had hauled in here she yelled over her shoulder, "Do you want a water? I don't think there's much else in here." 

Turning around she saw Elle frown, before her best friend stormed over to her and whispered, "You know I didn't force those lap dogs out there to take me to you so I could just sit here and drink water! No friggin way! You and I are going to Miranda Astons party tonight. It's her twenty-first so I practically guarantee tequila- oh how I miss tequila." 

Lowering her voice, Jane spared a quick glance at the door to make sure the guards haven't heard anything crazy that just flew out of Elle's mouth, "Are you out of your mind?! Not only will Mike and Levi ¬kill us. But we have a pact. No more drinking." 

Elle folded her arms, "Oh you mean the pact that you broke? Come on Janie, we're nineteen we need to live it up. I know that the accident was... well hell it was scary and we were lucky I don't want to test our luck again. So we won't ever drive drunk, but why not get drunk?" 

She wanted to be reminding Elle of just how really lucky they were to escape with their lives, but as always Elle was right. They're just a pair of nineteen year old girls who had a scary accident that shouldn't dictate their whole lives. They were in college for crying out loud, everyone does reckless things in college. 

"Okay. One drink."  

Elle's smile lit up her entire face and Jane didn't even feel worried about what she'd just agreed to. Elle was such a bubbly, happy person that seeing her this depressed was kind of making Jane feel a little desperate in a way to get her friend back on track.