12 Her Way

WARNING: Some content in this chapter refers to mature themes

Over the years Jane had been told only a few things about hunters. Coming from a family that lives in the kitchen she was always spared the gory details. All she knew was the basics; they're humans who have a deep family history of hunting werewolves and if you got caught by one you'd surely die.  

It never really occurred to her until today how serious this whole situation is. She'd been living behind the protection of the packs guards and the Alpha and Beta to the point that she'd never had to worry about these kinds of things. But now she really was wishing she'd paid closer attention.  

Coming face to face with three of them, whilst trying to keep her friend from dying... was probably not the best way to meet a hunter for the first time.  

"Well, well boys. Looks like we caught ourselves someone special," the largest one standing in the centre of the trio, tipped his head as he spoke to his friends. She felt his dark eyes roaming over her in a sickening way that had her wanting to hide. All three of them were looking at her in the same way as though they were fascinated by her and interested in studying her more. Like she was some kind of test subject at a lab. 

"The names Ronan," the giant in front of her sent her a sardonic smile, "I'm very acquainted with your Alpha. Levi and I go way back. I'm almost offended he didn't tell me about you. Can't say I'm surprised though, he has a habit of keeping secrets." 

As he took a step towards her, she found her back flush against the wall and had both she and Nate trapped in a corner. If she didn't have Nate she would've tried running up those stairs a long time ago, but he's really hurt and she can't leave him here with these monsters. 

Ronan reached out towards her face and she flinched back in fear, but he was quick to grab her face and force her to look at him, "I've been waiting a long time for this moment..." 

She didn't want to speak to the evil man squeezing her jaw, but she wanted to know what was going on. Clearly this was a little more than a chance encounter. These hunters knew that she and Nate were part of Levi's pack and they were using that to draw him here. What for, she didn't know, but she didn't like being used as a pawn.  

"Waiting for what?" she gritted out in pain as the hunter continued to bruise her jaw bones. 

He chuckled and ran a hand down the side of her face making her shudder in disgust. 

"Why I've been waiting for you sweetheart. You must be pretty damn important if one word that you're in trouble and Levi comes running." 

Oh how wrong he was.  

The only reason why Levi was trying to get her and Nate out of this horror house was because they were part of his pack. Sure, he's a jerk - a grade A Jerk - and a two timing hoe, and a cocky asshole but at the end of the day he's still a pretty decent Alpha. Even though he has no idea what her name is, he still would never let anything happen to one of his pack members. He may be a pretty bad person, but he's an okay Alpha.  

"If you think he came here for me, then you hunters are way stupider than I gave you credit for." 

She barely had time to regret what she'd said before the grip on her face turned into a sharp backhand that had her spiralling to the floor from the sheer force behind it, sending both she and Nate down. That hurt like a bitch and laying there on the floor, she realized there was no way she was going to be able to get herself out of this, at least not by force.  

Ronan tugged her up by her arm, but Nate stayed slumped against the wall. Ronan leaned into her face and his alcohol tainted breath hit her hard enough to give her an idea. Bingo.