44 Dawn of Ruin

Ronan POV

The lifeless body of the wolf pack lay all around Ronan as he admired his handiwork with sadistic scrutiny. He'd never been squeamish at the sight of blood and gore, but he'd never been so fascinated by it before. Below his feet was the aftermath of a massacre that had taken part of. Ronan wasn't alone, he had been assisted by his newest and by far most questionable ally.

"Appreciating the mess that we've made?" Clare asked him, blood caked all over her crooked smile as she approached him from behind a house that was beginning to smoke as flames consumed it.

"Mess would be an understatement," Ronan muttered with a frown as he toed the lifeless hand of a male werewolf.

He hadn't known a single thing about the man, or the hundreds of others lying beside him. All Ronan knew was that this man – and all the others – were werewolves and as a hunter it was his job to kill all wolves, and the blood of Jane still ran through him. Not for much longer, though.

Both Ronan and Clare would need to indulge on Jane's sweet blood very soon or else both of them would find themselves in dire trouble. Today's massacre was simply a result of their desperateness.

"And you're sure this will work?" Ronan asked his attention now back to Clare as he watched the crazed woman walk through the mass of dead bodies as though she were almost dancing.

"Of course!" Clare assured him, "If I know my daughter I know that she will blame herself for what I've done today. She will want to help Levi when he comes after us, and then we'll be able to take her for ourselves."

Ronan wanted Jane's blood badly. And not just because he was discovering he now craved it like he craved the relief of air – but Jane was the sacrificial person needed to break his own families curse. It would keep Ronan alive and remove the heavy weight placed on his shoulders.

"And you're sure this will work?"

Ronan wanted to believe in the strength of the plan, Clare may have been crazy and psychotic but she sure was intelligent that was something Ronan couldn't overlook. But there was a nagging feeling in the back of his head that made him question everything.

Something was wrong.

Either they had forgotten something or overlooked it entirely, Ronan couldn't help shake the thought that whatever this one little thing was that he had missed it was going to bite him later. But then again, he couldn't see or think of what it was so surely it couldn't be anything too important.

He'd massacred a whole pack, just neighbouring the one under the rule of Alpha Jackson. As soon as Jane got back from wherever she'd disappeared to, she'd learn of this and she'd find the obvious marks and signs that Clare and Ronan had both left. They wanted to be pinned to this crime so that Jane would feel guilty over her blood being the cause of her mother's return to life of the living and these people dying because of that.

"Sweetheart," Clare cooed, "I'm sure as anything."

*

*

*

Levi POV

Not a single survivor.

As soon as Levi had returned back to the pack lands he'd suddenly been bombarded by the tragic massacre that had occurred to the neighbouring pack. Every single member had been killed by Ronan and Clare, a dangerous duo that seemed to be out for blood and had already given Levi's pack a challenge.

Ronan and Clare wanted him dead, but they'd given him a chance. He could fight the both of them at the turn of the next full moon if he won they would be dead, and if he didn't...