45 Surrender

*** IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END PLEASE!!! READ

 *** IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END PLEASE!!! READ. ALSO THIS GORGEOUS BANNER WAS MADE BY THE LOVELY USER @chelseablake and my latest cover by ThatWonderfulThing***

Jane's POV

"I've found a loophole," no sooner had the words left her mouth, then Jane was suddenly set back on her feet by Levi. She looked up at her mate and couldn't help but notice how worn and tired he was, it was time for this curse to end and she knew just how to do it, or at least she thought she did.

She watched as Levi looked over her shoulder at the people milling about behind them. Jane had almost forgotten that she and her mate weren't the only two people in the room.

Levi leaned down to whisper in her ear as he said, "Let's talk upstairs."

She followed him through the familiar halls of the pack house, although this time she was escorted to a much less crowded area of the house an area dedicated just for the Alpha and his family. She didn't know that house could ever be this quiet, but she was glad for the silence she didn't want anyone else hearing what she was about to say.

She followed Levi into a well-furnished study and she could detect his scent very strongly within the room. The smell of him comforted her and she ran her hand over the polished, mahogany desk as she heard his voice from behind her say, "You know the story behind it all – don't you?"

She nodded, not yet quite able to look at him as she was still so engrossed analysing the room. It was anciently gorgeous and it reminded her of all the little things she knew about Levi, straightened papers, dusted shelves, little colour – it was very him.

"And I'm guessing you found out through Cassie?" She asked him turning around so she could face him.

He nodded in response to her question, and she wasn't sure whether she felt relieved or worried that he knew. It was either going to make explaining it all to him all the more easier or all the more difficult.

"I guess, that means Cassie told you there was nothing to be done that could fix it."

He took a step closer to where she stood, but still kept a respectable distance between them. He observed her like she was some type of unsolvable Rubik's cube as he questioned, "Why do I get the feeling I don't like where you're going with this?"

She smiled, "I'm ending this once and for all, no more generations are going to suffer because of something we did a long time ago."

He stayed silent and she continued, "There is in fact a way to break the curse, If Anouchka, Luke and you can kill me then-"

"Not happening."

"But if you would just listen-"

"No." He shook his head, a dry laugh leaving his lips as he began pacing the floor in front of her, "I'm not killing you. How could you ask me to do that?"