14 Only For A Moment

Začít od začátku

"To cut a long story short. My shirt was gone. I shifted into my wolf. His shirt was available. The rest is history, now explain." 

Elle sighed and twirled some of her blonde hair around her finger, "Mike and I, we're... taking a break." 

At the news Jane sat forward, the pains from her body stopping her from reaching out and embracing her friend, "What?! How? Why? Do you want me to kill him? I know the perfect place to hide the body." 

Elle cracked a sad smile and shook her head eyes directed to her hands, "No. Not yet anyway. We got into a fight last night. It was pretty bad too, I'd never been so mad at him before. I should probably start off by saying for the past few months he's been... distant. Spending less time with me, not talking to me as much- almost secretive in a way." 

Elle shrugged and looked out the window, the light reflecting on the tears in her eyes, "I never thought much of it, until now I guess. Last night, when Mike called me I didn't understand how he knew where I was. How he knew I was there. Turns out not only did he go behind my back and install some type of tracking device in my phone! But... he was already there." 

There was a short silence before Jane whispered, "Doing what?" 

Elle shook out her shoulders and the tears vanished from her eyes as if they had never been there, "I don't know. He wouldn't tell me why and I told him it was either he tell me what's going on or we..." 

"Take a break?" 

"Yeah," Elle let out a long sigh, "I'm sorry, Janie. I just got so caught up in everything with Mike I forgot that I'd just left you and Nate at the party. But, Mike would never let anything happen to either of you, so I knew it would be okay." 

"Don't beat yourself up about it," Jane tried to take the hurt and the pain away from Elle as best as she could, "I just hope you two can work things out." 

"Me too, Janie." 

Elle leaned forward into Jane's open arms, careful not to add any more discomfort or pain. When they pulled back Elle smiled, "I'm gonna go check on Nate. He's still recovering from surgery, but doctor said he's going to be okay." 

Almost as soon as Elle had left, Jane felt her heavy eyes sealing shut and sleep overtaking her. 

*** 

For the second time that day, Jane was waking up feeling the desperate need for something to calm the raging headache inside her head. It certainly didn't help that there were two idiots outside of her room having some type of shouting match with each other. She was a split second from yelling at them herself, before she recognized the voices. 

"This is your fault, Levi! Don't try and act like it isn't," Mike hissed at his cousin sounding the angriest Jane had ever head.  

"I never told you to lie to your mate," Levi argued equally as pissed as Mike, "You did that all on your own." 

"It's because of you that I had to lie in the first place! Even now you won't even let me tell her the truth even when she... when she-" 

"You act like I forced Ariella to take a break from you! When really Mike, I warned you from the beginning that this would happen. I told you to just reject her, but you didn't listen to me. No, you had to go and mate her and fall in love with her and now look where that's gotten you! You should've known better, people like us should never be with people that aren't like us!" 

Jane frowned after Levi's little spiel. Did he just unknowingly confess that the reason he rejected her was because she wasn't born with the blood of an Alpha?