13. Horrible confessions

Start from the beginning

Percy stood there uncomfortably. Artemis was staring at him doing the dishes for the past five minutes. Had she never seen anyone do the dishes before?

Oh right, he was using his powers.

He smirked evilly when an idea came upon him. It might get him killed but it would be so worth it. 

As Artemis was transfixed on the self-cleaning dishes, she was suddenly snapped back into reality by a stream of ice-cold water hitting her right in the face.

She slowly turned to face Percy, who was busy trying his best not to laugh.

The keyword being 'trying'.

Percy's laughter rang all around the kitchen tent. No matter what he tried, he just couldn't stop himself. The expression on Artemis' face was priceless. 

Artemis found herself shocked. A male had just doused her with water and was laughing at her. Was he not afraid of her, like the rest of the male population? Instead of being angry, Artemis found this amusing, but she still wasn't going to let him get away with it.

'I'm going to kill you.' Artemis said menacingly. She wasn't actually going to kill him but it was fun to scare people.

Percy's laughter stopped instantly and his face paled. He watched fearfully as Artemis reached to her thigh and pulled out her hunting knife.

'Milady, we can talk about this.' Percy said nervously.

'No we cannot,' Artemis replied coldly 'Run.'

Percy didn't need to be told twice. He rushed out of the tent with Artemis straight on his tail screaming death threats.

Percy weaved in and out of trees, running around tents and ducking under low-hanging branches, all in hopes of preventing Artemis from catching him. 

Hunters started coming out of their tents, having being waken up from the constant 'I'll kill you!' and 'We can talk about this!'. Thalia rushed out of her tent, thinking that they were being attacked, but was met with the sight of her cousin being chased by her mistress.

'Thalia, help me!' Percy shouted as he ran past her.

'Sorry, Kelp Head,' Thalia said smiling as she moved aside to let Artemis pass 'This one's all you.'

The two were running around for a while before Percy tripped over a tree root and fell to the ground. Artemis jumped on top of him and pinned him down to the ground with her hunting knife on Percy's neck. 

The Hunters weren't even paying them any attention. They were going about their daily activities as if Artemis killing a male in their camp was normal, which it probably was.

Percy stayed absolutely still underneath Artemis. He could feel the cold metal resting against his skin. One slip and he would be gone. 

The sight was rather funny. A twelve-year-old girl sitting on the chest of a grown man. It looked like they were father and daughter.

'Lady Artemis,' Percy said carefully 'Can I eat breakfast now?'

Artemis removed her knife from his neck and shrugged, 'Sure. I'm hungry as well. Let's see how good your cooking is.'

Percy let out a sigh of relief as he walked back with Artemis to the dining area of the Hunters' camp. He hoped he had made enough food for the Hunters. He had seen them eat at camp and it was slightly horrifying. 

Percy found the Hunters sitting around the wooden table, seemingly waiting for food. He looked around but he couldn't seem to find Thalia.

'Where's Thalia?' Percy voiced his concern.