Failed

Maui faced Te Kā, but because of Moanas carelessness, they were blown away from the collision of the lava monster and Mauis hook.

Maui was on the edge of the boat as Moana asked: "are you okay? Maui?" He stood up and when he turned around Moana saw how his hook was cracked and violet lightning was coming out of it.

"I told you to turn back," he said still looking at his hook. Moana stood up and said: "I thought we could make it."

"We?"

She looked down ashamed: "I thought I could make it... We can fix it." She tried to fix the situation but it was already too late. "It was made by the gods. You can't fix it!" Moana, as though she wasn't thinking said: "Next time we'll be more careful. Te Kā was stuck on the barrier islands. Its lava, it can't go in the water. we can find a way around." Maui shook his head: "I'm not going back." Moana looked at him: "We still have to restore the heart." To this point Maui still didn't look at her: "My hook is cracked. One more hit, and it's over." Moana wanted to reason with him: "Maui, you have to restore the heart." He finally looked at her as he said: "Without my hook, I am nothing." She tried to argue back: "That's not true!" but it was too late: "WITHOUT MY HOOK, I AM NOTHING!" Shakily Moana just looked as Maui presented her the heart and let it fall on the boats ground as he went to the edge of it. Now Moana was getting angry as well: "We are only here....because you stole the heart in the first place." Maui was getting fed up: "No, we're here because the ocean told you, you're special and you believed it." Moana was on the verge of tears: "I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat-" "Goodbye, Moana." "-sail across the sea-" "I'm not killing myself, so you can prove you're something, you're not!" "- and restore the heart of Te Fiti! The ocean chose me!" Without hesitation, Maui said: "It chose wrong." He turned around and with some difficulties turned into his giant hawk. The only thing he could hear was Moana calling his name one last time before he disappeared into the clouds.

I rose from the water and looked at the sad girl. She looked at me: "Why did you bring me here? I'm, not the right person. You have to choose someone else. Choose someone else. Please." I sighed and took the heart into the depths of the ocean.

I waited for Moanas grandma to show up, but when she didn't and I could still hear her cry, I couldn't take it anymore.

My form rose from the water and for the first time, a human saw my real form. My hair, tattoos and eyes glowed as I walked towards the crying girl. I crouched in front of her as she looked at me: "Who are you?" she asked. I smiled: "if you believe me, I'm the ocean or Leilani, that's my real name. I'm the one who was accompanying you this whole time." When she heard that, she started crying: "I tried. I-I couldn't do it." I put my hand under her chin: "Its not your fault. I never should have put so much on your shoulders. If you are ready to go home...I will be with you." She sniffled and stood up picked up the oar, but suddenly stop. "Why do you hesitate?" I asked, already knowing. "I don't know," Moana replied.

"I know a girl from an island. She stands apart from the crowd. She loves the sea and her people. She makes her whole family proud. Sometimes the world seems against you. The journey may leave a scar. But scars can heal and reveal just where you are. The people you love will change you. The things you have learned will guide you. And nothing on Earth can silence, the quiet voice still inside you. And when that voice starts to whisper, Moana, you've come so far, Moana, listen. Do you know who you are?" I smiled as she turned around and started to sing. The memory of the water helped me recreate her ancestors and how they sailed centuries ago. As I realized all will be okay I retreated into the ocean.

Now, all that's left, is Maui.