Surprise

I needed a full week to even start seeing islands. Nothing much changed. As I went around to check if everything was alright a bigger boat came into view and stopped when they saw me. They helped me into their boat as they saw how my poor boat was barely holding me up. They explained that they were visiting king island as someone is getting married. They offered to take me there and I gladly accepted.

I sat down at the front just taking in the view and just as I was getting drowsy a man sat down with me. We both sat in silence for a while before we both started to speak at the same time. We stared at each other at the coincidence then burst out laughing. The man extended his arm and said: " I'm Ailani. What about you?" I smiled and shook his hand: "Leilani, it's nice to meet you. I'm grateful for the ride, my boat was about to give up on me."

After Ailani heard my name his eyes held fear in his eyes: "Wait, why do you have that name? Did your parents never heard of the law?" I was confused: "What law?"

He pulled at his hair and seemed really on edge all of a sudden: "You cannot be named after the saviour. The punishment for having it is death! That name is sacred. And what bad luck do we have as we are nearing the king island where all the grand punishments are made. Quick think of a different name. Where did you grow up that you don't know about this?!" His eyes skimmed the horizon and he quickly left as he saw the island.

++++++++++++++++

We arrived at the shore where a lot more boats were anchored and as we got off the people of the island welcomed us and lead us towards our huts. They gave us food and showed us around the islands and lead us towards their showers. I must say they evolved quite a lot during the years.

After my shower, I put back my dress and let my hair dry as I walked around to get to the shore. I lost all the others and the villagers were too busy preparing for the celebration. It was getting dark and the celebration was about to start but I needed a little peace so I went to the shore to calm down.

I sat down on the still-warm sand and tried to manipulate water, the water only wavered before it got back to its original position. I groaned and started aggressively hitting the sand then laid down with my hair sprayed all over the place. I sighed as my eyes started to sting. My frustration with not using my powers grew day by day and now it's surfacing.

The leaves rustled and I quickly hid behind a rock. I saw a large figure emerge and it seemed like he was grumbling. The figure sat down where I sat before and just stared at the ocean with complete silence.

The moon emerged from behind the clouds and I finally saw his face. The face that I missed the most.

Maui