We beat Deku's Team with Theoretical Horses | XIX

Mr. Aizawa is by far the best character. This is simply one reason why. Also, since when can Bakugo hold the sun?!? And Todoroki is levitating on his snowboard.... Anyways yeah enjoy the chapter. 

_ _ _ _ 

Once everyone had regrouped on the main field in the stadium, Midnight explained the next activity.

"The next challenge is a cavalry battle. You will get into groups of three to four and compete against other teams. The point of the battle is to steal the numbered headbands of the other players. Each person's headband correlates to the number of points you won in the obstacle course and footrace. Last place starts with 50 points, second to last also has 50, third to last has 100, fourth to last has 150, then 250. I think you get the pattern. This leaves Izuku Midoriya, in 1st place, with ten million points!"

Everyone turned to stare at poor Midoriya, who was shrinking in on himself under the glaring eyes of everyone in the festival. Nobody would want to be on Deku's team after Midnight announced his points. Whoever was teamed with him would be the target for everyone in the arena. 

As everyone began scoping out teammates, I already knew who to avoid because of the point bias. 

Being on Deku's team would be the worst strategy, so I stayed far away from him, just like everyone else. I decided that being on a team with Todoroki would be the next best option. I looked over at the dual-haired calm and collected boy, and was surprised to see him making his way over to me. He kept glancing at Deku, like he wanted to be on the other boy's team but knew it would be a bad idea for his odds of winning. 

"Hi Todoroki!" I said, smiling brightly when he came over. I liked Todoroki, he was one of the only sane people in class 1A. I wondered how that was possible, given the family dynamic he lived with. Geez, the Todoroki family was a mess. 

"Hello Ishizaki. I'm sorry about earlier, I did not mean to injure you when I broke off the icicle."

"It's okay, I'm completely fine now. Anyway, do you want to be on my team for the cavalry battle?" I didn't hold a grudge long, and I hadn't been very mad in the first place. 

Todoroki seemed taken aback that I had no hard feelings, but did not dare to question my easy forgiveness in case I revoked it. "That is the second reason I came over. It would be strategic to have you on my team for the battle, along with Iida and Kaminari."

"Wow, okay, you have this more planned out than I do, and I-" I almost said 'had the plans for the whole thing' but caught myself. Luckily, Todoroki didn't inquire about my slip-up.

Todoroki and I collected the rest of our desired teammates. Luckily, all of them were fine with being on our team. 

"Iida is the speed, he should be in front. Kaminari, take the sides, your quirk is suited for wide range attacks. Red can evade attacks from the rear, and I can be rider,"

"That's what she said," Kaminari snorted, and I kicked him in the shins angrily. Though he wasn't quite as perverted as Mineta, he sometimes made crass comments that were not in the best interest of whoever was deemed to be the most targetable (usually the girls in the class, though occasionally others who made unfortunate slip-ups in thier speech). 

We got in formation and scoped out the other teams. It was best to have some knowledge of the other team's strengths before fighting them. 

Midoriya's team was trying to figure out how to balance correctly, because some members of his team were much shorter than others and it was throwing them all off. They shuffled around positions until they figured out the best formation, then they began talking about strategies to win.