Results | IV

♡ You are awesome♡

_ _ _

Before we left the testing grounds, Present Mic (the loud man's name, which I found out later while scrolling through the UA teacher roster) told us to expect the results in the mail within the next few days depending on how close we lived to the campus.

That night, I told my moms that I think I did okay on the test, and I have a 50/50 chance that I'll get in. They said that they were proud of me, and my mother jokingly said she'd send the school some angry letters if I didn't get accepted, which made my mom elbow her in the side with a scolding look, laughing.

Walking to school the next day, Kitsey caught up with me. She started to bombard me with questions, asking if I thought I'd get in. I told her the same thing I told my parents, and that I certainly hoped I got accepted. She did the usual best-friend comforting and said that of course, I'd get in.

When I got home after school, the first thing I did was check the mail. Indeed there was a letter from UA High School inside. I brought it up to my room, my heart pounding in my chest, my breaths coming in short bursts.

Tearing open the envelope, I saw that it contained a small metal disk. It clinked out onto the polished wood of my desk, a beam of light emanating from the centre of the projector.

All Might's face appeared two inches from mine, shouting "BOOYA, I AM HERE AS A PROJECTION NOW!"

I screamed, toppling backwards out of my chair. From my place on the floor, I heard the projection continue.

"I know it's been a while, but with much power comes an exceptional amount of paperwork. Young hero, I didn't come to this city solely to fight villains! You are looking at the newest UA faculty member!

"Moving on to your exam results. You answered over 85% of the questions correctly on the written exam, so you passed. On the practical exam, you did not have as many points as is expected of upcoming UA students. However, your well-executed combat tactics and how you assess the battlegrounds have convinced us that you would be a valuable asset to UA High's community of rising heroes."

All Might paused and extended his hand to the camera in a dramatic gesture. "Welcome to class 1A, Red Ishizaki. You have made it! You are now part of UA High!"

The dramatic music in the background cut off abruptly and All Might turned to the side. "How do I turn this thing off?" He said, obviously confused with the camera. "Do I just-" All Might leaned in close to the camera, one of his blue eyes appearing way too close. "Oh, is it this button? The red square one?" A loud click sounded, then the projector turned off.

I ran downstairs to where my moms were watching Frozen 2 with Tyra on the couch.

"GUYS I GOT INTO UA!" I shouted. My moms cheered, standing up from the couch and coming over to group hug me.

"Go Red! I'm so proud of you, honey!"

"I knew you'd get in."

"Thanks, guys!" I said, hugging my moms.

"Who cares!" Tyra grumbled from the couch. "Elsa might die, sit down and watch the movie."

We finished Frozen 2 (which was in no way as good as the original) at about 8:30. Mother put Tyra to bed and my mom and I watched another random movie together. I fell asleep halfway through, though; I was super tired from the exam.

_ _ _ _ _

That one was much shorter than I thought it was going to be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯