" What did he do? " I asked.

" He know about Madeline. Damien found out. " she leaned in and whispered silently.

My heart dropped into the pit of stomach as all air escaped my lungs. I could feel my guts twisting on my inside making my palms balled into fists clutching until I felt blood cutting through my skin.

" How? " I asked.

" Damien has been following the Salvatore's ever since you left. Last weekend they were in your neighborhood, he saw little Maddie playing with Nicholas and you with her. "

I should have known. I should have avoided this. I should have been more careful. I tried so hard to not mix up her life with this mess and I failed. I was a horrible mother for pulling her into a chaos she didn't even know about.

" What are you going to do? I suggest you finally kill the bloody guy. " Tanisha scoffed leaning her back to her seat.

" We will need a plan. " I said blankly.

" Make him die a slow painful death. Please with a fucking gun on top. " she suggested taking my hand into hers.

I couldn't think straight. My brain clouded with the fact that my daughter could be in danger. I lived with this fear of losing love ones all my life. He threatened me with my grandmother my whole life and now he was going to use my daughter. My hands flew to my head, fingers clutching my own hair aggressively I could feel them pulling out of my scalp. I was losing my shits because of him again.

That same fucking man I called a father.

" I need to go back to Maddie. You go back to Russia and keep an on him please. I will figure out what to do next. " I said grabbing my purse and raced out of the cafe.

I hadn't killed a single person in four fucking years. My hands was cleared off blood since my daughter arrived. I was scared of not being able to do what I did. I feared that my daughter would see the monster in me.

But, where my father stepped his foot in there tended to have blood being shed. And, in order to protect her I needed to be the bigger monster, my father's worst nightmare.

Even if the thought of having her looked at me differently scared me more than death itself, image of her crying and flinching away from my touch once she came to a realization that her mother was monster clouded my thought staining my soul with nothing but darkness.

My grip tightened around the stirring wheel, I could almost feel my vein threatening to snap apart as my knuckles started to turn white, blood leaving my palm. I focused on the road ahead driving as fast as I could to see my daughter bring her back in my arms, knowing that she was safe.

The ringing of phone echoed through the car snapping me out of my darkness. I pressed my foot on the brake stopping the car in the middle of the empty road. My heart pounced clashing my rib cages, my breath sucked in my throat as I felt my stomach turned in uneasiness. I knew something bad happened. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breathe before answering the phone with shaky hand.

" Hello? "

" Anastasia, you need to get back now. Damien has his men here. There are too many of them I won't be able to hold them alone. " Rudy's panicked voice hit my ears before the line ended.

I was too late. I shouldn't have left this morning when my daughter asked me not to. I should have stayed.

Damien has his men here. Too many of them. Couldn't hold them for long now. Her voices kept ringing in my ears. The sound of my daughter crying in the background broke me. I felt helpless sitting forty minutes away from my child, unable to protect her liked I swore to. I was a horrible mother for messing up with her life. I failed as a mother.

He would never leave until he got her.

My phone dropped to the car floor making a loud thud. I felt all senses leaving the shell of my body. Eyes snapped to the rear mirror of my car, I watched my own tears streaming down my cheeks. But, I felt nothing. Darkness suffocated, swallowing me whole then there was nothing, empty.

I stared into spaces, my eyes bloodshot as red as his blood on my hands, his vein between my palms, the sound of his cries mixed with the cracking noise of his bone snapping played like the music on my vinyl. I let out a humorless laugh, more tears escaping my eyes.

Starting the car's engine, I dialed Tanisha's phone number before bringing it to my ear.

" Get ready. I'm going to raise hell upon him for messing with my fucking daughter. "

➺ ✿ ➻

This chapter dedicated to another one of my special friend Tanishalovesyou 💖 thank you for being an amazing friend, bitch. teheee!

P.S If any of you make book covers or know anyone who does please kindly let me know <3