Chapter 64

Anastasia Rayne

Life couldn't be more perfect than right now. The broken girl who longed for her father's love must have been so proud of the woman she had become.

Almost five years ago, I was a mere assassin who killed for a living, a little girl covered by the shell of heartless killing machine. Partying all my nights away and sleeping with a shitload of strangers I picked up from the clubs, my life was a dead end, pointless and sad.

Damien Petrov was the biggest dick and a fucking shitty fake father but I thanked him. I thanked him for sending me to die in a foreign country. That one suicide mission was the best thing he had ever done for me my entire miserable life being raised by him.

If it wouldn't for him, I would never have met the love of my life. Thanked to him I got to experience such warmth feeling as being in an actual family.

Who would have thought a suicide mission could turn into something so beautiful and special.

Something as beautiful as the family we were trying to build. An adorable way too smart for her own good daughter and a handsome Don trying his best to protect our hearts.

The wind blew passed my face, flowery scent from all the flowers at our farm filled my nostrils. We laid a picnic blanket on top of the green grass under a giant lemon tree. I had prepared sandwiches, fruits and juices as the little princess requested.

A Saturday was for mommy and daddy, according to Ms Madeline. She came rushing back from her great grandmother's house, demanding to have a family picnic, the one liked she saw on television.

By then Nick and I were still wrapped together tangled between the silky sheet of my bed, naked and scared to death when our little daughter practically burst into the room. I thanked god that her father wasn't on top of me. And, so we said yes to her picnic faster than a lightning could strike silently thankful for not scarring her for life.

He laid his head on my laps and Madeline leaning on top of him as he talked to her about everything and anything making the little girl inside his arms giggled like a maniac.

I brushed his hair off of his face as I fed him strawberry which he thanked me by flashing me his handsome smile, showing off his dimples. I smiled back before picking another berry and fed it to our daughter.

Pink and orange colors swirled across the sky creating a breathtaking live painting as the sun was starting to set. We stayed on the little meadow at the far end of our farm, having a family picnic, and simply enjoying this kind of happy moment.

" Who do you love more mommy or daddy? " Nick asked, grinning.

" Daddy. " Madeline squealed without any hesitation nor second thought.

" I love you more too, princess. " the father chuckled, kissing his daughter's cheek.

By this point my mouth was hanging open. I was in shock staring at the father daughter duo with widened eyes. The strawberry dropped onto the picnic blanket in slow motion as my hand stopped mid air. I couldn't believe my own fucking ears.

" Excuse you, young lady! I was your mother before he was your father. " I glared playfully at my guilty looking daughter.