Chapter 49

Anastasia Rayne

I stood at the sidewalk a few streets down from the Salvatore's farmhouse. Fate had a cruel way of pulling people back together. I knew they were going to meet one day and this father and daughter's reunion was inevitable, but I would never have thought they would cross paths this fast.

Madeline was biking like she always did in the evening. Rudrika was watching over her today as I had some errands to run. But, the sneaky little girl rode away when her aunt was having a phone call making Rudy lost her. I wasn't mad about that because I knew my daughter liked to mess around and I knew she couldn't leave the neighborhood without me knowing.

But, imagine my horror when the sun started to set and she never came back. I had people looking for her everywhere around the whole neighborhood just to find out she was having the best time with an old family friend, her fucking father.

This cheeky child of mine was going to give me a stroke one of these days.

I watched my little girl interacted with her father as they said goodbye in front of the gate with a smile on my face as silent tears streamed down my face.

Seeing him again after all these years still broke me and to have him so close yet I couldn't touch him was painful. My heart never really did stop beating for him.

I quickly wiped my tears before going to hide behind a tree hoping they wouldn't see me. Nick nodded his head to a bodyguard who was standing beside the gate while watching Madeline rode her bike down the street. The man followed her closely and I was glad he cared about her safety.

Knowing my little girl was in good hands and well protected, I hurried away to reach our house before her.

" Mommy our new neighbors are so nice. They gave me biscuits. And, the handsome uncle played with me all day. " Madeline squealed as she rode her bike into our gate.

I waited for the man to go back before going out to greet my daughter on the front porch. She got off her bike with a giant grin on face. She had never been this happy before. I kneeled down before her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

" Don't do that ever again, mads. Mommy was so worried. You can't just stay over at other people's house. They could be dangerous. " I scolded pulling her head to my chest.

" But, they were nice. The handsome uncle gave me biscuits and we played all day long. " she said.

" I know, baby. I saw you running around so happily. I'm just glad that you're okay. " I kissed her head.

" Promise me you won't be going with any strangers ever again? " I said holding out my pinky.

She nodded her smiling and put her little pinky around mine. " Can I go to play with them again tomorrow, mommy? Maddie promise they are nice. I didn't even tell them my name. "

" You can go tomorrow but I will be sending someone to watch over you, okay? "

" Thank you, mama. " she squealed kissing my cheek.

Madeline was the happiest girl on that weekend she got to spend with her father and his family, without even knowing they were her flesh and blood. All those time I stood from a far watching him spending time with our little girl in pure joys. He had this smile on his face liked he was experiencing so much happiness and he never stopped smiling.