Chapter 31

Anastasia Rayne

I found myself back in square one as I sat on a hospital bench waiting for Nick outside of the ER. Salvatore's medicare has officially become my least favorite place in the whole entire world. I hated coming here knowing every damn time that Nick was laying there on their hospital bed. I hated seeing him hurt but somehow I always managed to be the reason of him hurting.

I shouldn't have stayed. I caused nothing but pain in his life.

The Don was holding Alana as she cried in his arms while Elliot comforted his sister. Sitting on the seat next to me was Eden who looked more than pissed, his jaw clenched and hands balled into fists.

" You fucking idiots have the audacity to say that I am not qualified enough to take care of my own fucking brother. I will kill you myself if anything happen to him. " he glared at the nurse who came rushing down the hallway before getting in the ER closing door behind her.

The voices of Bella and Alana's sobs mixed with Eden's cussing under his breath and the noises in my head telling I caused this were literally giving me a fucking headache and suddenly in need of some fresh air.

" Do you want coffee? " I asked as if I was trying to get myself killed by a pissed off doctor.

" No. I need a bloody gun to kill every doctors in that damn room. " he grunted under his breath not sparing me a glance and that was my cue to leave.

The hallway from the ER was busy as people in white cloaks ran around the place trying to do their works treating as many patients as they could and my heart sank looking at the helpless family members waiting for their love ones on the bench because I had just been there, impatiently waiting for Nick praying to god that he would be fine. I tore my eyes away from the scene as I walked faster away in need for some caffeine in my system.

The chilly evening air sent chills down my spine as I sipped on my hot coffee. Nicholas never left my thoughts and all of a sudden I felt exhausted. Defeated by everything. I felt tired, like the world were supposed to drain me from every ounce of happiness that I had.

He was the best thing that had ever happened to me and that was exactly why I needed to leave him behind. I didn't deserved something good in life. I wasn't worth it and he didn't need a manipulative bitch with daddy issues liked me in his life.

With my second cup of coffee in my hands I hurried to the elevator after I was informed that he was out of surgery and had been moved upstair to the family's private floor. I pressed the button furiously with my shaking finger slowly getting pissed at how slow the door was closing when a tall man rushed into the same elevator making me furthered away to the corner as the door finally closed.

I scanned him up and down carefully taking in his appearance which seemed impossible because he was in a big black coat with high collar that covered most of his neck and half of his face while his head was in a black head. I put my guard all the way up going on full fighting mode as he took a step closer to me before whispering to me lowly.

" Sir Joseph sent his best regard to your pretty boy toy. He's glad he could help your father out with the plan you failed. "

My eyes widened slightly at the messenger as he finished his message. His son wasn't lying when he said they knew about my father's plan. And, now the father was interfering in my business. I might need to leave sooner than I had planned.

The coffee cup dropped to the floor making the man jumped back a little in surprise and I took the opportunity to swing my leg up high kicking him in his neck making him lost his trance. His body fell on the floor making a loud thud as the elevator came to a stop. I bend down to his level and whispered lowly in his ear.