HOME

{unedited}

The airline she had booked with was one of those that landed in the international airport of Bordeaux in France, her home. 

She knew her way from there. Knew her way around a majority of major landmarks in the country from all the travels she'd had with family.

Looking back on what her father once said,

"It's a good thing for one to know their own country."

She understood his words better.

Her father had pointed it out when they played their customized game of '60 second words of wisdom'.

This had been the time where she'd found Jane Eyre moderately intelligible. The only classic tale amongst many that her late grandfather from her father's side had given her, one she'd bothered to read until completion.

The female protagonist was headstrong and to put it mentally, despite the descend of feeling the book brought about, she admired the Jane's strength.

Admired her blunt honestly.

'Very sir, you always were you know.'

Was Jane Eyre's answer to Mr.Rochester when he'd asked her if he were hideous.

She'd carried that kind of honesty with and it had probably stayed and built with whatever context Geneva had been in.

The sad part was, when she'd dated, she had been a different kind of independent that shut out any negativity directed towards her relationship because she assumed they had been simply biased by his dark and lack of bright colour in appearance. Only realised too late that her family and friends were on her side and not particularly against her love life at that time.

So her father had picked up on the nearly forgotten game of ' 60 second words of wisdom'.

She wasn't the protagonist in the book classic nor did she share her personality make up therefore there was no need for condemnation of personal character in Geneva's already broken state back then.

Zane, her ex, had stopped being as emotionally available. Something she'd ignored to be a passing phase. He'd needed time was her assumption. And she'd give it to him. Because where he was concerned she was willing to give . Give with no limits. The kind that didn't think before acting. That's how bad she'd had it for him.

It took a shuttered heart for her to break out of her own reverie. Seeing a female on top of him with his hand on her ass sharing the same puff of smoke before kissing. Their display had hammered the glass called her love life.

He couldn't have been bothered even when he knew she'd caught him.

She'd given her heart wholly and he tossed it back with disregard. Squishing her throbbing heart while looking her in the eyes with indifference.

It had been emotional torture moving on. Expecting him to fight for her or apologise but he did none. Probably for the best because if he had, she'd have run back into his arms at the speed of lightning. All forgiven.

Thinking about Samuel tagged at her heart. Maybe that was why she hadn't given him a direct answer, a part of her still probably healing. And her dilly-dally had cost him his life. By the hands of another man. One who frightened her, the same one she was running away from.

Geneva soaped her face with both hands and rinsed after removing the make up with a small purchased bottle of remover. Looking at her real reflection through the mirror she took in her tired appearance.