TWENTY SEVEN

{unedited}

" I know I have no right invading your space," she begun " but I know you care for her as much as I do if not more " she added the latter just to kiss arse cause she was the one in need and for that she'd suck up a little bit even if it wasn't it. " and you may blame me for what happened understandably so but I know a way to find her much quicker."

She watched as his brows relaxed and took it for his listing.

" I tracked back, and realized a few things that had happened the day we came back from New York and landed"

Someone following them she thought
And...
She'd made eye contact with him .
Dark eyes at first.

Looked behind her randomly and found the same guy only this time he was now looking into his luggage .

Another time he had been supposedly busy with a magazine in the plane.
The last, he had removed his luggage form the waiting area .
She disregarded as a fellow passenger . Otherwise it made no sense.

Brad picked Ella up and they promised to meet later the filling day .
She hadn't thought of it much.

The next day she had left the whole ordeal of the man but if she remembered correctly, by the mall two similar figures walk been behind them almost every store.
And by the side walk, now she could remember when she had seen a black Sedan van arrive in sound memory.

She'd already given her disposition to the police but she had missed those tiny details that were now beginning to add up.
Someone filling them...

Filling him in on her thoughts, she looked up with conviction paying mind to his keen attentiveness .

" I know what I saw . We could get someone to sketch up the man's appearance and have him flagged on each system of personnel monitoring. As for the suv, we track it down. But that would need access to the state's traffic camera system."

She lifted her hand up to silence him as she saw his lips appear to part.

" I don't want to work with the police any more. I have no desire to and that's why I'm here , with your father's power and influence, you can get those two done. I know it's illegal and wrong but I hope you understand the importance of doing this as fast as possible.

"I- " Geneva quickly added " only need that done with your help and I'll take the rest from there on my own."

It was silent for a while before Brad decided to speak.

"What do you mean by that?"

She wasn't comfortable enough let alone relying on him for further action where getting her best friend back was concerned.

What she had to do needed money and would only get dangerous and riskier. Plus his father was in talks of presidential candidacy. It would look bad if any abuse or power his father's end cane to light .

And she wasn't above ignoring that if she depended on what was around and part of Brad.

Money wasn't the issue. She had access to more than enough of it through both her parents especially her farther individually speaking but none of them would agree with her risky behavior and she was too ashamed of herself to face Dante . He was in more pain than any one of them and she knew a fraction of the pain he was juggling at the moment.

Gabriella was his only sister, their parents no longer in the picture, he took up the responsibility and became her legal guardian from their nana immediately he turned of age before Gabriella could turn 18.