Chapter 7

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Tailed Beast speech"

'Tailed Beast Thoughts'

- Naruto's POV -

Sasuke's match started just as I expected, almost identical. They talked, Sasuke boasted about himself, got beat down a little, and so on. I watched as Yoroi held Sasuke's forehead absorbing the Teme's chakra.

"I think the Procter should call the fight Kakashi-Sensei, with Sasuke-Kun's state who knows how much longer he can have his chakra drained," Sakura said worriedly to our masked sensei.

"Ohh, I wouldn't worry about it that Teme will get out of this just watch," I say, and as my sentence finished Sasuke kicked/ shoved Yoroi off of him while he yelled.

"Get... OFF ME!"

Sasuke struggled to get up as Yoroi started to taunt him.

"Well, looks like you still have some strength in you still, not bad for A LAB RAT" Yoroi yelled, sending chakra to his palms. A few were confused about what he meant by lab rat, but I knew exactly what he was getting at.

"Don't worry though I'll end this quickly," Yoroi said charging Sasuke just as he balanced himself.

Yoroi threw punches left and right, but Teme was able to dodge most of them. Yoroi thought he was gonna win when Sasuke used his speed to move out of Yoroi's vision in order to copy Lee's attack he experienced in the fight vs. Lee.

Sasuke kicked Yoroi into the air and used his agility to jump up directly behind his foe before bringing an ax kick down atop his head knocking him at before he even touched the ground.

"YEAH! WAY TO GO SASUKE-KUN!" Sakura and Ino yelled at the same time. I looked across the way towards a familiar chakra signature. When I saw that it is the Jounin sensei from Oto I realized that it was probably Orochimaru who had a disappointed look on his face.

"Damn that Orochimaru," I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say, Naruto-Baka?" Sakura asked as I felt Kakashi's single visible eye glaring at me.

"Naruto after these preliminaries are over, you and I are gonna have a private chat. Understand?" I knew he heard me. I mean, he wasn't an ex-ANBU Captain for nothing.

"Hai, Sensei," I say, turning back to the fight.

Kakashi took Sasuke away after he nearly collapsed, obviously to get the curse mark sealed.

The next few fights happen as they did the first time I took this exam, that is until my fight with Kiba.

"Will Kiba Inuzuka and Naruto Uzumaki please take the field!" Hayate said moments before I jumped down and waited for Kiba and Akamaru to make their way down.

"Looks like we lucked out boy, this match will be over in a second," Kiba said, trying to intimidate me.

'Like he could do that I fought in a world war for Kami's sake.' I thought as I remained silent.

"What no witty comeback?" Kiba said I was surprised that I didn't explode as I would have years ago.

I split into my Clone Body Blow taijutsu style where Kiba fell into his and Akamaru's Double Wolf Fang style of the Inuzuka clan.

"Fighters ready?" Hayate asked as I dropped out of my stance and just held up one finger.

"What the hell does that mean?" Kiba said as Hayate just looked at me curiously.