Chapter 18

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Tailed Beast Speech"

'Tailed Beast Thoughts'

- Naruto's POV -

"...Uto...Ruto...Naru... NARUTO!" I slowly open my eyes to see that I am in the hospital all bandaged up.

Looking around I see Baa-Chan and a few others standing there.

"Naruto how are you feeling?" Baa-Chan asked.

"I fe... I feel fine," I said with a dry voice.

'I guess I took more damage than I had anticipated,' I thought, sitting up feeling a slight twinge in my gut.

"D...Don't force yourself," I heard from a timid voice behind Baa-Chan.

"It's alright Hinata-Hime," I said with a chuckle.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"I am doing better. I can go back to doing D-Rank missions now, but nothing too strenuous,"

I nodded giving her a soft smile.

"Well, always focused on others still I see," I heard from the window to my right.

"Well it's about time you showed up Pervy-Sage," I said laughing a bit again.

"I have decided to take you on a training trip. Apparently, the Akatsuki are planning on laying low for a while, and now is the perfect time to train you," He said, getting the nod of approval from Baa-Chan. Hinata on the other hand looked a little down at the fact that I will be leaving.

"How long will it be?" I asked.

A grim expression became visible on both Baa-Chan's and Pervy-Sage's faces.

"Th..." Pervy-Sage mumbled.

"What?" I said not hearing him.

"Three years," He said with a sigh.

"Why so long?" Hinata couldn't help but ask.

"Because of the things that he needs to learn in order to protect himself and the village in the future. All the dangerous people that will be after him because of what is inside of him," Pervy-Sage said.

Hinata nodded sadly before sitting down in one of the chairs in the room.

"When will we be leaving a month or two?" I asked, receiving even more grim faces.

"Tomorrow," Baa-Chan said. My eyes went wide.

"TOMORROW! I can't just get up and leave tomorrow!" I yelled.

"I know how you feel about this Naruto, but you have to begin training for the Akatsuki," She then leaned down and whispered into my ear.

"Especially if what you told me actually happens," She said and I knew that I was locked into this trip no matter what.

"Pervy-Sage, Baa-Chan. Can I get a moment alone with Hinata," I said.

Baa-Chan smiled and bowed and walked out, while Pervy-Sage had Gamabunta head home dropping to the ground floor.

I watch as Hinata walks up to me slowly with a somber look on her face.

"H...Hinata... I ..." I couldn't speak. I had no idea what to say because I was not gonna see her for three years.