Chapter 24

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Tailed Beast Speech"

'Tailed Beast Thoughts'

- Naruto's POV -

It had been a couple of weeks since we rescued Gaara, and I was walking through the village with Shikamaru when a familiar Jutsu lunged at me.

"Troublesome, who would dare attack us in the middle of Konoha?" Shikamaru said.

"I know who it is, I can handle this," I said moving towards the attacker.

I ducked into alleyways as I moved to make him underestimate my abilities, but in actuality, I am making Shadow Clones go down alternate routes.

As I neared the man I smirked knowing that this will be the last time I have peace on missions for a while.

I managed to get behind him as a clone rushed head-on I saw him smirk as he attempted to write in his super beast scroll.

"Ahh, I wouldn't," I said, laying a tri-pronged kunai upon his neck.

"Well, looks like you have some skill," He said with his usual fake smile.

"Listen I do not have time for you or your shenanigans, all I know is that you are supposed to report to Hokage-Sama in about fifteen minutes as am I," I said, sealing away my kunai again.

"How did you..." He began but I had already suppressed my chakra and performed a shunshin just out of his vision.

Fifteen minutes later I stood in Baa-Chan's office along with Sakura and an ANBU wearing a cat-like mask with red and green markings along the cheek. I knew that this would be Captain Yamato, or Tenzo as he likes to be called off duty.

"Naruto, Sakura, as you KNow Kakashi is currently unable to perform his duties from over-exerting himself rescuing the Kazekage from the Akatsuki. Therefore He will be taking over. You may remove your mask," Baa-Chan said, causing me to smile seeing I was indeed right once again.

"This is Captain Yamato. He will be acting as the team leader while Kakashi rests. As for your teammate... " Baa-Chan began.

"We have met," I said just seconds before the door opened revealing Sai.

"This is Sai. He will be your new teammate as of today," Said Baa-Chan. Sakura just glared at him while I just gave him a knowing grin.

"Nice to see you again... Dickless," Sai said with a fake smile.

"Good to see you again, how was it to finally see the sun for the first time you damn vampire," I shot back.

"Enough of that," Baa-Chan said.

"Anyway, Sakura had received information that Sasori was going to make contact with a spy that was tasked with monitoring Orochimaru at Teuchi bridge in one week," Baa-Chan said.

"Your mission is to take Sasori's place and capture the information from the spy on Orochimaru," She added, we all nodded understanding.

"Good you leave in one hour," Baa-Chan said.

I left to get ready, but I decided to make a stop at the Hyuga compound as I was practically ready to go already.

I walked up to the front of the compound and the guards rolled their eyes obviously hating the fact that I am dating the heir to the clan.

Naruto RewoundOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara