𝟏𝟓 | A Tale from the Soul

"Hello," Her voice hitched as she spoke, and she wasn't even aware that she said anything until the word was out of her mouth

"Hello," Her voice hitched as she spoke, and she wasn't even aware that she said anything until the word was out of her mouth. She frowned as the world swayed on her feet, and she felt her breath leave her as stumbled down to the floor in a soft 'thud', her hands feeling cold and clammy. 

He was next to her in an instant, crouched down, and she instinctively flinched- holding both of her hands up. Her eyes widened in realization when she saw that they were still glowing red. She wondered if that was why sparks were flying behind her eyes.

"What?" She breathed, though at that point she wasn't sure why she said it. She tried to focus on his face in an effort to stay awake. He looked much more handsome next to her anyway, even if his neck was lightly coated with blood. Although despite the effort, the outsides of her vision slowly began to fade into black with each labored breath.

He looked at her hands then back to her. His hand came up on it's own to gently brush away a stray hair while he examined her face. It was a small eternity in an entire second of them meeting each other's gaze before he caught her head as her consciousness faded away. He quickly carried her up, looking distastefully towards Noah's dismembered body before speeding away.

His first instinct was to send her straight to his house and tuck her in the comforts of his own bed. However, he doubted she would appreciate a man carrying her to the unknown. So he sped to the Gilbert household instead. Being each other's halves had perks, one of those perks was the ability to enter houses uninvited. Provided that the other was already allowed in.

It wasn't an excuse to be near her, he told himself as laid her down gently on her bed, wanting to stay for a while. His intentions remained pure. Besides, they were in for such a long-awaited talk.

He found himself examining the cream room, pleasantly surprised upon seeing she had a collection of fantasy books. Her desk was the opposite of what he originally imagined as messy and unkempt, as he'd seen from how she'd study. Instead there were multiple casings where her files and schoolwork were being held.

Next to it was a cabinet filled with vinyl and cd's, however, unlike the way she read, there was no clear genre as to what she listened to. Next to that was a black bean bag. The ceiling, another surprise, was filled with glow in the dark stickers cut out to the shapes stars, swirling around the main light like a little galaxy.

He looked back towards her, his eye catching the bracelet on her wrist, a dream-catcher. He wondered why she didn't siphon that instead. It would have certainly prevented both of their headaches, not that she knew she caused him one. He also wondered why she wore it.

She woke up around the same time his headache disappeared.

"You're Elijah."