~166~ Glowing

Emma's POV

We get in his car and he has hot chocolate waiting in the cup holder.

"I wasn't sure if you drank this, but it's freezing out" he says, handing it to me with a smile.

"I do. That was sweet. Thank you" I say, taking it from him and taking a sip of it. It's delicious.

The drive there is nice. It's comfortable.

When we're almost to the skating rink, he chuckles.

"I've gotta admit something to you" he says, scratching his cheek.

"What's that?" I ask, looking at him.

"I've been nervous all afternoon. I'm not now, though. We're going to have fun tonight" he says, smiling at me.

"I think so too" I say, smiling back at him.

We get to the skating rink and we get our skates on. We get to the ice and he grabs my hand. We're both skating effortlessly, and having a great time.

"You're amazing at this. I have a feeling you're amazing at a lot of things" he says with a smile.

I chuckle. I'm having so much fun.

We skate for two hours. The time has flown by, and it feels like we just got here. Suddenly a little kid goes right in front of us and we can't get stopped in time. We both go crashing on the ice. My head just about smashes on the ice, but he quickly puts his hand out and shields my head. His knuckles get smashed on the ice.

"Are you ok?" He asks, concerned.

I chuckle. "Yeah. How's your hand?" I ask, picking his hand up and inspecting it.

"I'm fine. You sure you're ok?" He asks.

I nod.

"You having a good enough time to have dinner with me?" He asks nervously.

I smirk. "I might even let you buy me dessert" I smile.

What is going on with me? I think I just flirted. I never flirt.

His eyes start shining as he helps me stand up.

"You're awesome. I knew you would be" he says, taking my hand as we skate off the rink.

Dinner goes just as good as skating did. Then we go to a local bakery. We're both pretty full, so we just get an apple pie and split it.

"I've got to ask you something" he says, nervously, as he takes a bite of the pie.

I just nod.

"I think I could really fall for you. I need to know you're over Trace, though. If you're not, I get it...But I need to know it now" he says seriously.

I sigh. "I've known him since we were babies. He practically lives at my house. There's still feelings. I like you, though. I didn't realize I would have such a great time" I admit.

He smiles and nods. "So, I've been given fair warning. Fall at my own risk, yeah?" He asks.

I just nod.

"K" he says, giving me a smile. He really is beautiful. He has blondish brown hair, and striking blue eyes. His jawbone is strong, and he's got an amazing smile. He's gorgeous.

"Man you're really beautiful. This is the first time I've ever gotten to actually stare at you without it being weird" he says after a minute.

I say nothing as I take a bite of the pie.

"You don't like getting compliments, do you?" He asks, chuckling softly.

"What?" I ask, surprised.