~101~ Don't Go Near Them

Ellie's POV

As I'm leaving, I see Lance. He gives me a weird look but he doesn't say anything. He just seems mad, but I'm not sure why.

"I left my logs on the desk if you want them tonight," I say as I'm walking.

"I'll get them tomorrow" he says simply.

"Are you ok?" I ask, surprised by the attitude I'm getting from him.

"Are you?" He asks, giving me more attitude.

I just stare at him.

He sighs and shakes his head. "Have a good night, Ellie," he says, giving me a small smile.

I look at him another second and then leave.

I get home and I notice that the TV is completely shattered. What happened here?

Liam is there, cleaning up some glass off of the floor.

"What happened, buddy?" I ask, going over to him.

"Taylor threw a vase through it"

"Why?" I ask, shocked.

"Ask him yourself," he says simply. Darkly.

"Why is everyone so mad today?"

"Because you lied to all of us," he says, glaring at me.

I don't say anything. I just look at him.

Taylor comes in the room then and stops when he sees me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"What happened?" He repeats.

"What?"

"Tell me what really happened to you" he says, glaring at me.

"I already told you" I start.

"QUIT LYING TO ME!!!!!!" He screams. It even makes Liam jump. Taylor doesn't yell at me.

I just stare at him.

I say nothing as I go to the kitchen to get a soda and take some Tylenol.

Luke comes home and sees me in the kitchen. He ignores me as he sits down and starts working on homework. Taylor comes in the room. He glances briefly at Luke and then turns his attention back to me.

"I'm giving you one more chance to tell me what really happened to you," he says darkly.

"Taylor, I've told you five times now...I fell..."

He interrupts me.

"I'm telling you what...If you tell me one more time that you fell down the damn stairs I'm going to lose my shit. Who hit you?" He barks.

"Nobody" I glare at him.

"You and I have a serious problem right now. Hear me? I was going to start with a clean slate this afternoon and give you another chance to tell me the truth. You're still lying. How many other times in our marriage have you lied to me?" He asks, shaking.

"I haven't" I say quietly.

He shakes his head. "I don't believe you. I don't know what I believe anymore" he says, taking the soda out of my hand and throwing it across the kitchen. I can't even look at the mess that just made. Soda is so sticky. This will take me forever to clean up.

"Who hit you, Eleanor?" He asks, barely above a whisper.

"Why are you so convinced that somebody hit me?" I snap at him.