~13~ Disagree

Ellie's POV

It's been a couple weeks since I found out. Alex and I still aren't talking. He's called a couple of times but I haven't answered. Taylor has tried to talk to me about it, but I'm not ready. I have forgiven Taylor. Alex is the one who did this, and he is the one who told my son not to tell me.

I go to Jake's gym after work today. Alex tried to call me again, and it put me in a bad mood. I need to let off some steam. Jake is there, spotting a guy. He smiles when he sees me, and puts out his hand, telling me to hold on.

A few minutes later he comes up to me and gives me a hug.

"Hey! Thought you were snubbing me. It's been a while" he says, smiling at me.

"Sorry. It's been busy. Got a bit? I feel like punching someone" I say with a smile.

He chuckles. "I've always got time for you to beat the shit out of me" he says. I follow him to the ring.

As we're boxing, we're also chatting a little. In between blocks, that is.

"You made up with Alex yet?" He asks. That catches me off guard and I let his hook connect to my cheek.

"Ouch. Jake. You don't have to hit so dang hard" I say, rubbing my cheek.

He chuckles "Well I was expecting you to block that. That was an easy one" he says, blocking my jab with ease.

"How did you hear about that?" I ask, blocking his hook this time.

"Taylor called me. He said you've never ignored Alex
for this long. Alex is miserable" he says, wincing. I got an uppercut to connect to his rib.

"Ouch. Ellie. You don't have to hit so dang hard" he says, smiling as he mocks me.

"You think I'm wrong?" I ask him, stopping to look at him. He stops too, and sighs.

"I get why you're mad. He was wrong. He knows that. But yeah, I think you're wrong. It was 15 years ago. You've been through a lot together." He says, telling me like it is.

I just nod. "I watched one time, as his dad took a bat to him, Jake. I could hear his rib crack. His screams still haunt me. Yeah, we've been through everything together. Why couldn't he tell me this?" I ask, tears filling my eyes.

Jake sighs and looks at the ground. "I bet he went through hell, Eleanor. I'm sorry we never stopped it" Jake says, upset.

Suddenly I see Alex walking in. He sees me in the corner and starts walking towards us.

"How did he know I was here?"

"I texted him before I came up to you" he says with a sly smile.

"You're sneaky" I say, rolling my eyes as I go over to Alex.

He looks like he's already going to start crying.

"Hi" he says quietly.

"Hi"

"I'm so sorry" he says, tears starting to fall.

"You shouldn't have come here" I say, keeping my tone low. I see Jake's face switch to surprise. He thought for sure I was going to forgive him.

"I'll go" Alex says, completely heartbroken.

"No, I mean. You shouldn't have come to the gym. I'm all sweaty, so I can't give you a hug" I say with a goofy grin.

Alex's face immediately softens as his breath starts to hitch.

He pulls me into the tightest hug and kisses my sweaty hair.