Nekomaru Nidai x M! Reader

Genre: Fluff
Requested by: @idkwhattoadd111
Non-despair AU
No warnings! Enjoy 💕

-=Y/N POV=-

Nekomaru. The biggest crush I ever had since I arrived at Hope's Peak. Somehow, he just captured my attention like no other. I always had an interest for sports, and so, he happily agreed to guide me to be more fit and better at my favorite sport. Although I was the Ultimate U/T, it didn't hurt to exercise. I recall getting a bit envious at Akane for being close with Nekomaru. Right there in that moment, I knew my feelings were undeniable. And so, I decided I would confess my feelings for the team manager today.

Today felt like any other ordinary school day. Classes, lunch, more classes, etcetera. Before one of my classes, I searched for him.

"Oh! Coach Nidai! There you are!" I waved at him excitedly. "Ah it's you Y/N! Don't be so formal, please. Just call me Nekomaru!" He laughed out, patting me on the back. I quickly apologized, my cheeks dusted pink from embarrassment. "Today you have practice with me, right?" He asked, his eyes beaming with joy. I nodded, "Yes we do! Ah before I go, after practice do you think I could talk to you about something?" He thought for a moment before speaking. "Why of course! Anything for my favorite person ever!" He exclaimed. I saw he was blushing as well. I smiled at him before skipping off to my next class, "Great! See you later Nekomaru!"

-=Nekomaru's POV=-

I turned away just in time before he could see my now red face. I was happy yet worried if it was bed news. Nevertheless, I won't let it get in the way with my time with Y/N! I had always felt something towards him. Anytime he'd look at me with those captivating E/C eyes, my heart would skip a beat. Whenever I would talk to Akane about it, she told me I was in love. I didn't know I would ever have these feelings towards someone until that day I met him. My encounters with him felt way different from the others.

It was never his athleticism or productiveness, it was always his sweet and affectionate side that left me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

~Time skip~
-=Y/N POV=-

It was time for practice. I didn't know what he had planned today, so I came prepared. I put on some sport clothes before leaving my house. Since it was a short distance to his house, I always walked over there. He always said walking is better than driving in a car so you'd be more fit. When I arrived, the house never failed to excite me. The front yard was so well kept, and the beautiful decor inside and out was very modern and elegant. It was straight out a film if you ask me.

I knocked on the door, "It's me, Y/N!" I called from the other side. There was a short silence before the door swung open, revealing a happy Nekomaru standing in front of me. He had different attire from school. He had a tank top with shorts. This revealed a lot of his big muscles he had. Very admirable I admit.

"Hello! Haha! So glad to see you here again! Let's get to work now!" His positive aura never faltered. I nodded and followed him to his sort of personal gym. He had a lot of equipment for any sport or exercise, given that he was the Ultimate team manager. I did a few warm ups before getting to work.

Now I thought I was used to his persistent personality when it comes to working out.

Turns out I was wrong.

By now I was gasping for air with each step I took when I ran. "You can it! Don't stop!" He cheered for me, the faint sound of his stopwatch chain clanking together. I continued keeping the pace for as long as I could.

My legs were wobbly, I kept mopping my brows every 5 seconds, my lungs felt deprived from air, I was a tired mess. I wanted to impress him with my work, before now I couldn't do a lap before face planting to the ground defeated. "Stop!" I immediately stopped, collapsing onto the grass still catching my breath. I saw his figure come over, kneeling down with a concerned expression. "I uh, did I overwork you to much?" I sensed his hesitance, I forced myself to get up and wrapped my arms around his chest. He tensed up, but later relaxing. He hugged back, patting my head gently. I never thought he would feel so...warm. I melted in his arms, still exhausted from running. I pulled away, smiling.

I could've sworn I saw a red hue on his face when I hugged him.

"I'm very proud of you Y/N, you're the only person besides Akane who could stand my persistence. So I thank you for that." I got a bit confused. 'So not many people can stand him? But how?!' I thought to myself. "Ah it's okay, I enjoy being with you anyway so it doesn't bother me at all!" I gave him a thumbs up. He chuckled with a nod, "Yeah you're right! By the way..." He pondered for a moment.

"Weren't you going to tell me something after practice?" My heart dropped. I didn't think it would come so soon! 'Whatdoidowhatdoidowhatdoidowhatdoi-' "Ah well uhh, I wanted to say..." I felt my face burning, and not just from the run just now. I didn't know what to say, like if my words just evaporated from my brain. 'Y/N! Did the cat get your tongue or what?!' I scolded myself angrily. He was patient and stood there, waiting for what I wanted to say. I took a deep breath. This is it.

"Listen, I enjoy our time together a lot, more than words could describe it! So I just wanted to say..." I could sense his feelings. He was nervous as I was, but possibly for different reasons.

"I really really love you Nekomaru!" I blurted out, my face more redder than the color itself, if that makes any sense. His face was the same shade as mine, only he had a shocked expression plastered on his face. He put his hand over his cheeks to cover them, but he already gave himself away.

"I...Y/N I.." Even he couldn't form words. There was silence between us for a while. I started regretting ever telling him that. Now I really messed up, did I? He grabbed my hand and raised it towards himself. He kept his eyes on me. "I didn't know there would ever come a day to say this but, I love you too." A smile tugged at my lips. I jumped on him and pecked his cheek. He laughed and held onto my waist so I wouldn't fall. Turns out he got a bit ticklish at kisses on his face. I took advantage of that and peppered his face his kisses, his laughter never faltering. I stopped and laughed along with him. I couldn't contain my overwhelming happiness to know he felt the same towards me. I don't know what the others would think about our relationship, probably because we look like an unlikely couple. But that didn't matter.

We were happy, that is all I need.

-=Bonus!=-

"Awww!" Akane gushed, looking at the now happy couple in front of her. Yes, she was neighbors with Nekomaru, and so she watched him and Y/N to see if there's any chemistry between them. She was right on the money.
"Such a cute pair! That is what I need in my life." She sighed, content with the scene in front her.

————————————————————
A/N:

Hi hi! I hope you enjoyed another chapter! I already said this in my authors note chapter, but thank you so much for 1K reads! I never imagined I would get this many! I will still update this book, probably until I get over 50-80 oneshots done, so I can have a completed book of plenty of oneshots to enjoy! I may take small hiatuses every now and then, but I promise I'm still working on more chapters to come! I don't want to disappoint you if I discontinue this book, therefore I will not. Have a great rest of your day! xx

-Al

Word count: 1411