Shuichi Saihara x M! Reader

Fluffy Shuichi time <3
Non-despair AU
Note: the reader is the ultimate dancer, so enjoy a little dance sequence in this one ;)

— "This is our dance. And I'm not sharing it with anyone else. Just you, and only you."

Your POV

My face beamed with excitement and nervousness. I adjusted the collar of my white button-up shirt and left my dorm. I wanted to do something special with my boyfriend, Shuichi. I was pacing around my room for a little while until the idea hit me. I took each step with confidence, reaching his dorm. I gently gave the door a few knocks, "It's me, love." I called from outside. The lock clicked unopened and there stood him, still dressed in his usual clothes except he didn't have his jacket on him. "What brings you here Y/N?" He asked innocently, stepping out of his dorm and closing the door behind him. "Let's go for a walk. Cmon!" I quickly grabbed his hand and began walking outside. His eyes widen in confusion as he looks at then where we're going then back to me. "U-uh, where are we going?" He nervously asks, trying to keep up with my fast pace. I slowed down to look at his bewildered expression, stifling back a roar of laughter. "We're here." I wrap an arm around his waist, pulling him towards the spot.

Earlier I decorated a lovely spot under a giant tree that hovered over the plaid black and blue cloth, on it was some cutely prepared bento and empty glass cups there. We walked closer, the lights hanging on the branches shining brighter and brighter as we sat down. "What do you think? Am I an amazing boyfriend now? Not like I already was since the beginning." I laugh, sitting down to resting my head on my hand to stare at his amazed face. It was nice seeing a glint in his eyes. It was cliche, but I've always wanted to do a picnic date as a kid. I even asked Kirumi to help out with making the shapes with the bento. He picked up the box and smiled when he saw two chibi heads of us made out of rice and seaweed with a heart surrounding them. "It's amazing, thank you, dear." I smiled as we both grabbed our chopsticks to eat. The atmosphere felt so...calm. Despite the circumstances, nothing bad has happened to us, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

A big sigh leaves my mouth in satisfaction with our meal. Shuichi gets up with me, thinking we were about to leave when I stop him. He turns to look at me, confused. I yank his arm closer to me, enough to pull him into a hug, my arms holding his body tightly against me. I kept him in my arms as we twirled around, spinning around together slowly. (Probably isn't the best idea after barely eating but oh well.) My pace slowed down and slowly turned into slow dancing. All the while our feet moved in a rhythmic pace, my eyes never left his captivating eyes and his flustered expression. Deciding to go further, I grabbed his hand and twirled him around, spinning him so gracefully and cautiously, like a delicate feather.

However, since Shuichi wasn't used to dancing like this, as I was about to pull him back into my arms, he stepped on a rock, making us both fall on the grass. When I opened my eyes, I was hovering over my lover, his bewildered but embarrassed face looking back at me.

'Holy shit if this doesn't scream gay and cliche I don't know what does.' I thought.

I giggle to myself as my hands crept into his, our fingers intertwining with each other snuggly. My face slowly inches closer to his flustered face, hearing his racing heart with mine, beating almost in tune with each other. "I love you," I whisper, right as I close the gap between us. My lips locked together with his soft ones, his face turning into a brighter shade of his already bright blush that dusted his cheeks. He freed one of his hands from my tight grasp as he held the back of my neck, pushing me closer towards him. I part away for a moment, looking at his half-lidded eyes stare at me lovingly. I felt his hot breath fan my face, smiling at him before I mashed my lips onto his roughly, my now free hand rubbing his cheek. My heart raced and my face felt hot, pulling away to catch my breath. During that time, we continued to stare into our love-struck eyes, almost seeing our reflection looking back at us. Laughing, I help him get up, "Let's go inside now, shall we?" I gestured my hand in front of him to take it. With our hands held, and our flustered faces, we began walking back to our dorms. "What about the things over there?" Shuichi asks, looking behind us. "Eh, we can always get it tomorrow. The stuff isn't even mine anyways!" He laughs a little at the last part, kissing my cheek before walking into his dorm. I stare at him closing the door in front of him, hearing the lock shut in place. I sigh, happily walking back into my dorm.

'Man, someday I'm gonna marry that cute motherfucker.'

Word count: 902