Shuichi Saihara x F! reader

Shuichi time <3
Genre: Fluff
Non-despair AU
Note: edited. I purged the y/n who cries at platonic affection given to others <3 you're welcome

-=Y/N POV=-

Shuichi Saihara. The boy you had feelings for since middle school. We both were accepted into Hope's Peak Academy, I'm the (U/T), Y/N L/N. He is the ultimate detective, and I admired him for that. Today I start yet another day, at least I'll get to see him again.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit sleepier than usual. 'That's what I get for staying up studying..' I ignored it and went to shower and change. After that, I went downstairs to make breakfast before school started. I checked my phone to see a message from Shuichi.

Shuuuichi ! <3

Shuuuichi ! <3: Hey Y/N, do you mind if I walk to school with you? My parents are out of town today.
You: Sure, don't be late I have an exam today.
Shuuuichi ! <3: I won't. Be there soon. Bye <3
You: Bye <33 !!

I giggle to myself at the heart he left at the end of his message as I start packing my things and putting on my shoes. The cool morning air woke me up.
As if on cue, Shuichi came walking over to me. We waved at each other before walking to the school together. We chatted the entire time. I was glad I met him. He was a very quiet and shy boy, despite his friends being more social than him. We arrived and parted ways once class started. I only shared two classes with him, but I'll survive, heh.

Soon it was lunchtime. I sat down away from everyone with my lunch. 'Today I feel like relaxing here..' it was peaceful there. I smile to myself as I set aside my now empty container of food, resting my head against the big tree in the courtyard. Today was oddly beautiful. It didn't last long though. Not too far away I saw Shuichi was with Kaede again, as expected. Was he blushing? 'Don't tell me he's...?' A frustrated sigh left my mouth.

Why is he so oblivious to how I feel? I've given him signs since I met him about my true feelings. I even called him adorable when he was flustered from embarrassment in class! I felt like a hopeless romantic. Not much I can do anyway. I closed my eyes to avoid ruining the peaceful mood from my jealousy. I hadn't even realized how he kept glancing at me with very red tinted cheeks.

-=Shuichi's POV=-

I kept glancing over at Y/N. She looked so calm there, I didn't want to bother her. She looked so cute. My face started to heat up realizing what I just thought. Even though I had a crush on Y/N, I couldn't stop thinking about how should I confess to her. Does she even like me back?

I mean we've known each other for a long time so I don't think she'll-

"Ahem. Shuichi? You okay?" I look over and see Kaede raising an eyebrow in confusion.
"Ah, right, sorry," I remember asking Kaede for help on confessing to Y/N. So we decided to talk about it at lunch. "Anyway, since tomorrow's Friday, why not tell her how you feel on Friday?"
"Really? But then how should I tell her?"
"Just tell her your true feelings! Invite Y/N to your house and tell her there! You got this Shuichi!" I thanked Kaede for the encouragement. I got this! I want to tell Y/N how I feel about her, so this should go well! I hugged Kaede for her help. She just smiled and turned to where Y/N was. But she wasn't there.

"Where's Y/N?" Kaede just shrugged in response.
"I think I might have a hunch on where she is. I'll see you in a bit, Kaede. Thanks again for the help, it means a lot." We waved goodbye and parted ways. I'm going to look for Y/N, I hope she's okay...

UPDATED VERSION !!

-=Y/N POV=-

I crouched onto the ground, my hand hovering over a flower. I admit, I felt a little jealous at the affection Shuichi gave to Kaede, and it fueled me to confess today, right here right now, so I'm just gonna wing it. I stare at the flower that rested in my hand snuggly. "Okay! I got this!" I assured myself, yet my heart couldn't stop beating so fast. I get up from the ground, dusting off excess dirt from my knees. "Uhm, Y/N?" The sudden voice made me jump. I turned around to see Shuichi, making my eyes grow wide. "What are you doing in the garden?" I avoided his gaze. "Well uh, I was..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. But I think it was about time. "Here." I handed him the flower. He shot me a confused look. "What's this for?" I sighed. "Okay Shuichi, I've known you for a long time, so I hope this doesn't affect our friendship if you don't feel the same way for me. But I...I like you. Like, really like you." I held the flower tighter, my heart racing while my chest heaved, raising at each inhale I took and lowering after. I saw his face go from shock to happiness, his cheeks burning red. He held his hands over mine that held the bright blue flower. "I like you too, like really, really like you." He replied, his hat hiding his big smile. I smiled, "Thank you." He looked up into my eyes.

"Buuut.."
"But what?" I tilt my head.
"The school is gonna give you an earful for picking the flowers.." His eyes focused on the flower our hands held. I burst out laughing. "Don't worry Shu! Next time I'll get you an even better flower!" I confidently smirked, earning a small giggle from him. "Well, let's go before the bell rings." I nodded as he took the flower, placing it in his pocket. We held hands during the walk back to the cafeteria that leads to our classes. I was very happy that it went well, I was worried I would ruin that bond between us. Then again, he sucks at hiding his feelings for me, so I guess I worried over nothing.

—————————————————————————
Bonus!

"So it worked?"
"I guessed it did! They're so cute together! Haha!"
"Nyeh! I didn't even get to use my magic!" The mage pouted.
"...the talk we had at lunch worked for sure!"

—————————————————————————

Word count: 1101