Chiaki Nanami x F! Reader

The first chapter and why not start with some gay
Fluff and then angst sorry, not sorry lol
Warning for like derealization sorta thing ? So skip if it makes you uncomfortable sorry I didn't put this sooner :((
Non-despair au

— "My dear, your smile brightens even the darkest of worlds, even this one."

Your POV

The bright rays that peeked from my curtains shone through my darkroom, awaking me. I tried moving, but I felt warmth coming from the other side of my bed. Prying my eyes open, all I could see was my stunning girlfriend, fast asleep on my chest. A smile crept up to my face, staring in awe at her face with some drool falling at the corner of her mouth.
I decided to wake her up by inching my face closer to her, lifting her head, and pressing my lips against hers. Her eyes fluttered open, a visible blush beginning to form at her cheeks. I pulled away, "Morning, slept well?" I asked, our faces still inches away. "Morning dear, I did. Are you feeling better now?" She quickly closes the gap separating our faces. My hands reached for her messy pink hair, tugging it slightly towards me. I could feel the warmth of her body and lips consume me. I remembered this feeling when we first began dating. I got the courage to ask her out finally after so much pressure from my friends, Ibuki and Mahiru. It wasn't until our lips separated that I began thinking about her question. "I guess? What happened?" I forgot what happened last night, my head was hurting a little but that was all. "Ah, well, you got drunk and started crying in front of my live saying I didn't want to hold your hand in front of everyone." She giggled at the last part, while I stared in shock at my phone skipping to what happened. "It's because I'm too gay for you isn't it !?" The voice, my voice, rang throughout the room. My face felt hot and the room felt more uncomfortable than earlier. Embarrassed, I turn off my phone and tried to get up, but a small hand held onto my arm in protest. Her still sleepy eyes stared back at me, pouting at me for attempting to leave the cozy bed from her. "I'm gonna get us some milk and cookies, sound good?" I kiss her cheek before letting go and leaving the bedroom.

Now, being a poor adult that barely graduated from high school, I'm living in a very small apartment. I was surprised she even wanted to stay with me despite my not a 'four-story modern house with 6 bedrooms and a pool' type living space. I grab the jar of cookies and poured a glass of milk for her before walking back into the room. The door was closed, which was odd since I didn't close it before I left. I twist the knob open. When I opened the door, I expected to see her on the bed happily watching me bring the cookies. But when I came back,

She was gone.

I check around the room.

She was gone.

I pull the sheets. Nothing. I flip over my mattress, hoping she was playing a trick on me.

She was gone.

I open the bathroom door to see if she was in there.

She was gone.

I open the apartment door and turn to look around, hoping to find her walking around.

She was gone.

I text my friends about her, maybe they saw her pass by.
Ibuki !! :D: Wait who's that?
Mahiru ^-^: Y/N are you okay? I don't know who you're talking about, sorry.

She was gone.

She was gone and now there's nothing I could do about it. I slammed the plate of cookies and the glass of milk onto the floor, shattering into tiny pieces instantly. My eyes teared up in anger as I fell to my knees, cursing myself for being so stupid.
Then my phone rang.

I turn it on to see it was from Chiaki, the love of my life, sending me a photo. I open the message. It was a letter, with a familiar symbol on it. My eyes were too filled up with tears to see the letter fully, but all I saw was "Hopes Peak Academy..." "Ultimate Gamer..." "Accepted.." it didn't make sense. But under the picture was a message. "I'll be gone for a while. I'll be back soon! Love you! >_<" I check the date. December 30th. This was sent on July 28th. Three years ago. Three years passed since she left for this academy and never came back. Three years of my mind playing tricks on me, making me believe she came back.

I sighed, laying on the floor with the shattered ceramic and food. I just hope she's doing okay, wherever she is.

Word count: 792