Rantaro Amami x Insecure! F! Reader

Genre: Fluff
Non despair au
Warnings: insults that may be uncomfortable to some readers.
You are so valid and loved! Never forget that!

[Everything about you...]

-=Y/N POV=-

Disgusting. Monster. Ugly. Disgrace. Many insults were thrown at me since I was a child. I was not accepted by my peers at a young age, even now. I can hear faint whispers whenever I walked by. Now, I've raised myself to not bring attention to myself. Blend in with the crowd. Be nothing more than a passerby at school. Suddenly, the bell rang. It was lunchtime. The whispers got louder at this time. I can hear them more clearly. I've heard them so many times it was practically a cliche to call me 'ugly' or 'fat' at this point.

"Nice pimples, stupid pig."
"Ew, fucking slut, this is why her parents never loved her."
"Worthless piece of shit."
"I'd kill myself if i was Y/N, why is she even here?"
"Disgusting."

I close my eyes and cover my ears, trying to drown out the whispers, until...
"That's enough, you guys." A familiar voice shouted. I opened my eyes to see the source of the voice. It was Rantaro. He was leaning on a wall close to the group were. My face turned a light hue of pink in embarrassment. I don't think I have mentioned that I had a huge crush on Rantaro, right? The group stared at him like he was crazy. "Seriously? You actually want to defend her?" One spoke. "I know right? Look at her, she's a fucking pig!" Another shouted. He ignored them and walked over to me. "Let's go." He grabbed my hand and walked me out of the classroom. Now I was outside near the fountain with him, his hand still in mine. I got nervous. "Y/N, don't listen to them. They have no clue what they're talking about." He ran his free hand through my H/C hair, his emerald green eyes staring into mine. With the soft breeze blowing his hair, it was picture perfect. "However, I have a question." I got a bit nervous about what question he wanted to ask, but I accepted his request. "And that is?" I held onto the corner of my shirt tightly with my free hand. He let go of my hand and rested his thumb on his chin.

"How long has this been happening?"
"Huh? What's been happening?"
"The insults I mean." I tugged on a strand of hair nervously. "Uhm, for a while now actually. But don't involve yourself in this! I...I don't want to burden you with my feelings." He gave a confused look. I sighed. "Well you see.." I began.

"I'm not happy with the way I look." I admitted, shutting my eyes tight and lowering my head down in shame. I really didn't want to burden him with what I went through. If I did, he'll leave. I'll just become a pain in the ass, and I didn't want that.

"And why is that?" I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?! Look at me Rantaro!" I spread my arms out. I wasn't pretty. Quite the opposite in fact. Can't he see that I'm not what he thinks I am?

He sighed heavily before shaking his head. "When will you learn Y/N..." He slowly walked towards me. I blushed lightly as he got closer. Then suddenly, a warm pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I hugged back, hiding my face in his shoulder. He pulled away, but not to far to still be close to my face. I felt his warm breath tickle my lips while he stared into my eyes. "Y/N, in my eyes you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." His eyes were still focused on me. "But I'm no-" my words were cut off with a warm pair of lips. My face immediately felt hot as my heart was beating faster. I kissed back, a smile tugging at my lips. He held my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. He gave my hand a gentle squeeze while his other hand cupped my cheek. Soon we let go to catch our breath. I noticed his face was red and I laughed. He laughed too before embracing me again in his arms. "I love you a lot Y/N, nothing and no one will ever change that." He showered my face with kisses. I giggled and stared at his eyes. They were so caring and gentle, with no sign of harm in them. "I'll help you get rid of those insecurities, okay? I'll be here to help every step of the way." He paused and continued. "So if you're in need of some reassurance, I'm here. Remember, you're not what you think you are. Everything about you is beautiful." He kissed my forehead. I smiled brightly at him, repeating "thank you" over and over. I walked down the hallway hand in hand with him. I could see a few people staring and others pointing and laughing. I look down at the floor as the familiar feeling of nervousness overcame me. Just as the tears were about to come, a hand gently squeezed mine. I look up to see Rantaro looking at me, giving me his reassuring smile. I smiled back and continued walking, raising my head to look at the path in front of me.

I wasn't alone anymore.

—————————————————

A/N

Another draft posted! I still can't believe people are still reading this, thank you so much for your support!