An Important Loss

"It's all taken care of. Lizzie, collect up the money and bring it to the cellar. You will all get your money in due course. When the police get in, do not resist. You go with them, you do not say anything. Arthur, we have made a deal with people even more powerful than our enemies. Trust me and Rioney." Both we stayed watching the cops arriving and pushing our family against the walls along side one another to arrest them. Without blinking I stayed silence and glared at the people who once declared me as family, fading away in the distance.

~~~

"Please, love, don't." Alfie whined as I held his favorite watch high above the streets while standing on one of my balconies with him, demanding a kiss from him before he had to leave to his 'bakery'. We did this a lot, well he did. Every time when I needed to leave fast, he would have the keys to my car or front door and waited for me to show affection to him. Though this time it was my turn. "How did you even get that off of my wrist? Aye?"

"I get me kiss or no?" I blinked cutely a few times and Alfie sighed.

"Fine.... Come here." The crazy man pinned me against the balcony railing to kiss me deeply and grab his watch out of my hand, something I didn't feel happening. "Well, I'll be one my way then. Thank you for my watch, Darling." I knew I had to go to Birmingham one day again, but dreaming about the life I would have here when I'm in Birmingham is way worse than actually living it here in London, in my own home. Waving at Alfie who drove off to his company I stared into the horizon. After my family was arrested Thomas had asked if I wanted to go somewhere and I had answered with my home.

Together, at the same boat we first drank with one another, we sailed back to London and at the same harbor that we met he had left me to go back to Alfie and my old life. Though, we did stay in touch... only not face to face anymore. He had things to attend to and so did I. I knew Thomas was busy with getting our family free while I had to keep everything in London in sight for Thomas. Perhaps he already managed to get our family out. I walked back inside and locked the door of my balcony before making my way to my kitchen. It was probably one of my most favorite places in my house. It was beautifully lit, big and it was white as snow, but still cozy nonetheless.

The biggest reason was that there is food. Laughing to myself I grabbed some ingredients and started to cook and dance at the same time to spend my free time. Meanwhile while I was busy, I suddenly got an weird cold chill spreading across my back and I furrowed my eyebrows as response to it. The hair on my arms stood upright in result as well. It was like something bad had happened and I unconsciously knew about it. It was a bad sign. A very bad one and I immediately stopped with everything I was doing. Perhaps it was time to go back to Birmingham even though I really didn't want to leave this behind for a second time. I should wait for Alfie to explain it all.

~~~

"Letting you go?" Alfie asked while dropping his back onto the floor of my hallway.

"Not literally, Alfie. Just for a week."

"A week?! What will you be doin' in that shithole that long?"

"It ain't that long. I just want to make sure me family is okay. That's all." I grabbed the man ahead of me by his shoulders to make him listen to me and he surveyed me up and down before pushing himself past me. Feeling hurt a bit, something I never thought I would feel, but in the past few years I learned to feel, I walked behind Alfie to see that he dropped himself onto the white sofa to rub his eyes.

"It's just.... I will miss you. Mhuh. I will miss you." Hearing that I made myself fall next to Alfie onto the sofa and hugged him from the side. We stayed like that for a while before I nodded in agreement.

"I will miss you as well."

~~~

I had been laying in bed next to Alfie when I couldn't sleep. Normally I would have fallen asleep as fast as I would lay down onto the arms of the warm gangster, but nothing worked, not even reading. I had pulled my nightgown over my head before sneaking down the stairs only to find a letter written by Thomas. I remembered exactly what it said before I woke Alfie to tell him I would leave earlier.

Dear Rioney,

I know this wasn't exactly the first news you hoped to hear from me in such a long time, but despite the fact that I got our family free, we lost an important member. John has lost his life in an shooting affair meant to kill him. Someone is after all of us. This is why you aren't safe in London anymore and I would love to meet you back in Birmingham. It would be harder for them to hurt us when we are together.

Sincerely,
Thomas Shelby

~~~

Clothing: