Me Emborrachare

"Not my normal clothing. Nope...."

I pushed all my trouser and shirts away, trying to find a dress that suited me. I couldn't look like a famous person here, but I didn't have normal dresses. I hated to figure out what to wear, normally I would be home and could immediately find the clothing I wanted. However, now, I only had a small suitcase with me.

"Nope, nope..... mayb-.. nope. WAIT! Yes."

~~~

"Ada. I didn't know you were coming."

"Hello, aunt Polly."

"Have you met your niece, Rioney?"

A hand was placed on my shoulder and twisted me around only to see a tall woman stand in front of me with a child in her arms. She waved slightly and another woman approached us, with the tall woman handing over her child.

"You're Polly's daughter, look at you! You're even more beautiful than I was at your age, probably the most beautiful woman I have ever seen at that age. Forgot, Ada is the name."

"Thank you, um...yeah, names Rioney." I smiled at her and thanked her again for the compliment. I offered her a drink and together we catched up a lot of talking.

"Me son's name is Karl, named after Karl Marx."

"Beautiful name, truly! If I may ask where is the father?" I could feel where the conversation was going, though, maybe she needed someone to talk to. I found my family, but now I had to become more human. I had to learn to feel again, whether I like it or not.

"His father sadly died of pestilence."

"I'm so sorry for your loss." I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight hug, still feeling nothing. I patted her on the shoulder and let go when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hello Ada." Tommy pushed himself through the crowd to join us and Tommy nodded at me. "Rioney."

"Tommy." I nodded back "It looks amazing around here, but I'll back off and get some whiskey so you two can talk. Oh and Ada... it was really pleasant to meet you."

Her smile grew even wider and I pushed myself through a group of men standing at the bar. I couldn't find some people I knew, so I leaned over the bar asking for whiskey. The bartender had walked off to find it in the storage, because it was pretty populair in the pub and came back with a new bottle. He opened it and poured a glass for me. I thanked the man after paying and turned around while still leaning on the bar. I took a long sip from my drink while a young man came walking towards me.

"Hey, I'm here, what are your other two wishes."

"Well my other two wishes are, that you tell me your name and that you tell me this was a bet with your friend Finn over there."

With his hand he rubbed his upper arm out of shame and ordered a drink. "I'm Isaiah."

"Rioney."

"You're right, it was a bet-.."

"You know what you have to do? Bet over something you have certainty of that you know it, but Finn doesn't."