Arms Around You

Without her saying anything she ran faster than I had ever seen anyone do while approaching me. She nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck while hugging me closely and I could silently hear her cry. However that stopped a short time so she could whisper something for me to hear.

"My little Rioney, Welcome home!"

~~~

My mother had let go of me and cupped my cheeks taking me in from head to toe like she was trying to search for the 7 year old girl in me that I certainly wasn't anymore. She almost teared up once more just by the sight of me and I lifted my hand to catch the single tear falling from her left eye. She then stepped back and grabbed my upper arms smiling out of happiness and joy and shook me back and forth a few times.

"I can't believe it, you're alive and you grew up a beautiful woman as well." A happy feeling filled my heart for the first time in eleven years of hard living and I glanced enthusiastically at my mother, spotting Tommy appearing from behind her. He had laid his arm around my mother's shoulders and nodded at me to back down a bit.

"John, Finn, bring the car around!" My mother was instantly snapped out of her hypnosis and watched Tommy confusingly.

"Where we going?" She questioned.

"To unwrap your birthday present. After you."

"But I already had one." She pointed out at me, her daughter, and I chuckled a bit. God, I have never felt like this and I somehow hated and loved it at the same time. It drove me crazy.

"You'll see."

Arthur and Tommy escorted us to the car parked in front of the building that was waiting for us and Finn helped us into it. It was a different car than what I was used to, but it looked unique and beautiful in its own way. With high speed we arrived in a good and rich neighbourhood, away from the office, that was into a less crowded area with a lot of nature surrounding the houses and it made me wonder what we were truly here for. I jumped out of the car, not really lady-like but fuck that, I couldn't care less, and the rest followed. My mom was going to find out sooner or later what my real job was so I wasn't going to pretend. I looked behind me, waiting for Arthur to walk to one of the closest houses because I had already figured out why we were here.

John pushed Finn onto the green grass to make the gap between them wider and both bursted into laughter, same as me. Arthur opened the door with the silver key in his hand and we then stepped inside before Tommy, Finn, John and Arthur followed. The hallway was painted shades of green and blue and there were mirrors hanging all over the place. It looked a little bit dusty, but cozy nonetheless and the building showed way bigger from the inside than it did from the outside. "You said you were gonna buy Ada a house."

"Yep, that's right, I did." Tommy breathed in heavily before walking after my mother into the living room.

"Just had a bit of cash left over."

"This is ours?!"

"No. Polly, this is yours. Because you deserve it." I ran my hands over the soft sofa while I listened to the conversations that was being held in the spacious living room and I then looked up at John, Finn and Arthur who's lips curled into small smiles while my hand was still amused by the softness and smoothness of the sofa.

"What do I do with al these rooms?"

"Well, you could, uh, relax for one. Come here at weekends." My mom turned towards me and stared at me with big eyes as I joined the conversation.