A Breakable Fall (End Of Season 2) | Part 1

"Marquis of Lorne. And after find the man who was a racist, I still have to complete me murder contract." They watched each other before glaring up at me again with concern in their eyes for the Marquis of Lorne and the man. I opened the door and waved them goodbye while stepping outside of the small room. I turned left and walked outside, feeling the cold air rush around me. I closed my eyes before running away towards the Marquis of Lorne.

~~~

"Gentlemen, Miss, today we are not fucking about. I hope you've all obeyed instructions and brought loaded firearms with you."

All the men before me responded in agreement and raised their arms to show Tommy they did. I on the other hand was silent and sat down onto the back of the car. I was tired and have had a few broken nights, not wanting to think about Alfie and the way he betrayed us all. I also knew Tommy had visited him again, but I couldn't face him without slitting his throat yet. With my head leaning into my hands, I started listening to Tommy to hear what our new orders were and what our rules were going to be.

"Good. You will all know that if you are lifted on a racetrack these days with a loaded gun, you get 20 years. That's all right, today you won't get lifted. Because, today, there will be no coppers around to lift you. At exactly three o'clock, there will be an incident in the owner's enclosure, and all the coppers in the track will be diverted, all of them. They'll be looking for someone. You'll be free to operate at will."

"Looking for who?"

"Me, they will be looking for me. Now, while the coppers are busy with me, you will make your move on Sabini's pitches. You confiscate his takings, you destroy his licenses and you do it at gun point. He usually had police protection so he won't be armed. We should aim to complete the takeover without a hot being fired, understood? And remember, the licenses are more important than the takings. All right, before the fun begins, you can all lay ten bob on Non De Guerre. I hear she's going to win."

Everybody was cheering while John grabbed a backpack from Tommy and he after walked away from the group of wild men before saying something to complete his rules and information. Meanwhile, Johns started to give everyone the ten bob.

"Only beer beforehand, boys. There will be time for rum and whiskey after. And remember, do not make a move until three, when the coppers leave. That is all." Tommy talked with a cigarette in his mouth he was about to lit up. It was still a surprise to me that no one had died because of smoking way too much.

~~~

(Rioney's role: distracting Sabini)

~~~

Standing next to John and Arthur, I betted my ten bob on, what Tommy had said earlier, Non De Guerre. We waited for a few second and there he was, walking inside like he was a king and was treated like one as well while I knew he definitely wasn't. John and Arthur spotted him as well and turned around to nod at one another.

"There he is."

"Show time." They smiled at me before patting me on the back as I stepped towards the man.

"Ahh, Sabini, didn't know you were here."

"Of course, of course-.... What the fuck were you doing by Mr. Solomons, hadn't you heard about the Gypsies and the Eden Club?"