Chapter 5

"I'm okay Dax, I p-promise."

At those words I calmed down and relaxed just slightly, though I did still keep one arm around Bri.

"If you say so Bri," I told her as I kissed the crown of her head.

"So sister of Daxter, your names Bri?" Connor asked her.

"Umm its B-Briella." She told him.

"That's a beautiful name honey." While the nickname bothered me, I knew Connor meant no harm.

"Th-thanks C-Connor." Silence followed as we moved to sit at the table Bri chose while ignoring all the other customers' stares. I took a big gulp of my coffee as we all stared at each other. Despite me and Connor getting along, we both didn't know what to say after the scene that just unfolded.

We all jumped at the sound of my flip phone ringing. Yes I have a flip phone, it was all Briella and I could afford.

"Hello?" I said with the device held to my ear.

"Daxton! How are you? How was the flight?"  Sammy screeched in my ear. Connor and Carter chuckled and Briella giggled as almost everyone in the store heard her shriek.

"We're good Sammy, the flight was bumpy," I told her.

"That's the understatement-t of the year,"Briella muttered. The boys chuckled at her sass while I was ecstatic that some of her personality was shining through her shy exterior.

"That great Dax! Well I just wanted to let you know that I got in touch with your father and he says he sent two of your brothers to pick you up. I can't remember their names but it was something with a...C?...N? I'm not positive Anyway I've got to go but I'll talk to you guys soon, bye," She rambled on as I rushed to keep up with everything she said. Once the phone clicked, signaling she hung up. I dropped it on the table and blink as I tried to comprehend everything that I was told.

"That was... Enlightening," I said as Connor laughed at my bewildered face.

"I can tell man. Did you even hear half of what she said?"

"No man," I told Connor with a laugh. "It all just blurred together."

Feeling a tug on my sleeve I turned to look at Briellas hunched form, her hand beckoning me by pulling on my sleeve. "W-what did S-Sammy say?"

"Nothing much Bri. Just that Sperm Donor sent two of our brothers to come get us." I replied, answered Bris question.

"Oh..B-Brothers?!"

"I guess Bri, this is the first time I've heard about them."

She sat still pondering all I told her. "Do you k-know if t-there here yet-t?"

"No clue Briella. All I know is that their names start with a C or N." She frowned now worried about how we would escape this loud, chaotic airport.

"That sucks you guys." Carter told us gently, most likely trying to kiss up to me and Briella after he was such a horny jerk.

"Yeah," Connor agreed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Briella~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Connors comment we fell into an awkward silence, none of us knowing what to say. Trying to fix this I ask, "So w-what about you g-guys, who's picking you-ou up?"

"Oh no, we didn't fly in. we are supposed to be picking our siblings up," Connor complained with a sigh.

"And that's a bad thing why," Dax questioned as he raised an eyebrow.

"How about the fact that we didn't even know that they existed? How about the fact they have been living it up with our mom who ditched us for them? How about missing out on some well-earned sleep so we can get these losers? How about getting up at five in the morning so we can drive three hours to get to this airport that is in the middle of nowhere? How       about-"Carter rants till he is interrupted.