Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Briella~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Forever and always,' Daxton's words echoed through my mind. Even now as I sat by his sleeping figure, listening to his soft snores, all I could think about was those words. In retrospect those three words should reassure me, but instead it left me worried. Forever was a long time, and despite how much I love and trust my brother, even he may be unable to follow through on that promise.

Suddenly I was jerked out of my thoughts by a soft knock on the door. I stood up, slowly making my way through the guest bedroom Clayton and Sammy gave us.

"Hey Bri," Sammy softly whispered. "Its getting late so I thought u might want to shower and get changed." I gave her a soft smile as I accepted the fluffy white towels she held out.

"T-thank you-u."

"No problem sweetie. Were leaving in an hour so you best go and get ready."

"L-leaving?" I stuttered out, scared to hear her answer.

"Yes honey, I got you two some plane tickets. You're gonna go up to your father's house in California." I watched as Sammys excitement died down once she saw my expression.

"O-oh okay," I whispered sadly.

"Look kid, I dont know what happened between you guys and your father just try to give him a chance just like how he is giving you one."

All I could do was give her a small smile, too scared of what I might say if I opened my mouth. I walked back into the room, ignoring her pitying state. Keeping an eye on my brother, I slowly shut the bathroom door. Even though he had already slept for at least four hours, him passing out the minute we entered, I still wanted him to sleep as long as possible. I on the other hand didnt sleep at all as my insomnia forbade it. Instead I had worked while he  slept; organizing our bags, finishing schoolwork, and continuing to work on my new choir piece.

Stepping into the shower I sighed as the warm water ran along my body. It released all my pent up tension, and allowed me to relax in its warm embrace. Feeling at ease for the first time in a long time, I began to sing. Music was a safe haven for me. Though I could never sing in front of anyone, I loved to do it. The soft vocal range out of my mouth. As I grew more comfortable , my volume and courage grew. This was the loudest and the most I have used my voice in days. It was so worth it though. I continued to sing as I finished washing myself off, and then proceeded to click the shower off.

————————————Daxton————————

Just as the shower clicked off I sat up. Bri stopped singing as well, sadly. She did this a lot. My sister loves to sing; anytime she is alone she sings as she is too self conscious of her voice. What she doesn't know is that I try to listen to her at any chance I get, one of those being her singing in the shower.

I sat up, now observing the guest bedroom I was too tired to look at before. On the floor textbooks were laid out by our beat up laptop, the only one that we could afford. Some folded towels and one of my favorite outfits layer out, folded neatly. I sighed, knowing that this meant Brielle got no sleep.

My eyes widened as I saw the time on the alarm clock. It was three in the afternoon. Considering the fact that we got here at eight in the morning after being up all night I suppose that wasn't that unusual.

Bri walked out of the bathroom as she worked on putting her hair in a ponytail. She had on black leggings, a black tank top, and her favorite camo jacket. Her black boots clicked on the floor as she walked over to sit beside me.

"Were leaving in an hour." I raised an eyebrow at this, waiting for her to elaborate.Dads house is in California. "Sammy got us p-plane tickets." Clenching my jaw, I glanced over at her worried face. Her eyes were locked on me, waiting for my reaction. Slowly, I nodded, I was not happy but I know I have no choice.