Ch11

I had helped Masky from his entrapment, he had done a number on his body with his struggling, his jacket now torn and covered in blood, poor bastard needed to be dragged a good few feet from the rocks.

Once he had caught a little of his breath he began looking me up and down, he seemed more weary of my presents then he was before.

"What are you?" he shook his head "how did you get Zalgo to leave?"

I threw his arm over my shoulder and began tracking back to my camp, he didn't seem to keen on getting my assistance anymore then he already had but right now he could not argue.

"Ill have you know" I flashed him a mischievous smile "I am extremely Lucky".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at camp I had sat Masky on a log while I retrieved my med kit from my tent, I had bought a replacement after Hoodie ran off with the other one, when I turned back to Masky I noticed Toby walking out of the tree line.

Toby took one look at Masky and snorted "The fuck happened to you 'Mr. I'm ok by myself'" He took a seat on the opposite log as I handed Masky my med kit, he gave me a nod then retuned his attention to Toby "Zalgo happened", it was a simple statement, but the name seemed to resonate with Toby, his posture was no longer playful but serious. I thought it best to make myself scarce for the moment, the tension on these two was stifling, I resigned to get the fire started, and unpack my newly obtained items.

Toby remained quiet, he watched Masky remove his jacked and begin half hazardly patching himself in gauze. Once his jacket was back upon his shoulders Toby began speaking again " Where is h-he now? We have to let the le-Boss know Right?" Masky turned to Toby, then nodded at me, "That (Guy/Girl) told him to leave. So he left".

Now both pairs of eyes are on me, Toby looked skeptical and Masky was analyzing, it looked as though I was about to be jumped by the two when there bodies suddenly jolted as though they had been surprised by a loud sound, a vibration like static was hovering in the air around the two, I had to clean my ear to see if it would go away.

Toby was quiet once more, his attention now back on Masky, "...Yes sir, we will be right there" the pair stood from the seating and began to venture deeper into the woods sparing me a glance before there silhouettes vanished into the surrounding fog.

"....Fucker took my med kit again" I scratched my head and held it in my hands,

"Something tells me I'm going to need to get a gun"