Ch38

Toby had exited the room after are conversation, he had a bounce in his step, dragging behind him by the nape was Biggy, a large bruise swelled the left side of his face, he looked miserable.

"So this is Arny, he will be assisting us until we find what we are looking for, say hi"

Arny got to his feet and without making eye contact mumbled a soft greeting, Toby patted his back, the action from my perspective could had been interpreted as friendly but knowing betting it had to be a threat.

Liu and I both nod, though I was definitely not happy about it, this Arny guy was not in my good books right now, well he wasn't after what he did to Skully but now he's black listed.

Toby shoved Arny forward, politely gesturing down the hall.

We followed behind the cuffed man, watching him carefully as we came into an open area, Arny froze and once again began to shake, his eyes almost bugging out of his head.

Toby and Liu drew here weapons, marching straight into the room while I followed at a safe distance. We made eye contact with an officer who stared back at us, he seemed just as startled as Arny, his gaze fixed on Toby.

Liu looked about to jump the guy when Toby extended his arm to stop him.

"Its fine, he's a worker"

Liu growled, glaring daggers at the poor officer who sat at his desk, trying to sign some papers.

"If you had workers here why didn't you just get him to do this job!?"

Toby scoffed "Its not that easy, this place is not run by the police at the moment, he would not have gotten far"

Liu once again brandished his knife "Yes, he wont get far..."

Liu lunged faster then Toby could hinder him, his knife sliced through the officers neck like thin paper, his startled expression permanently fixed as blood gushed out the thin line, Arny tried to scream, I hastily covered his mouth with my own blood soaked hand.

Toby scratched his scalp, visibly agitated about the action "Slender is going to be mad..." He glanced over his shoulder, sending me a thumbs up when he noticed my hands clamped harshly over are hostages mouth, Arny's tears where mixing into my blood stained gloves, his muffled sobs where out done by his heated glare aimed at me.

I was busy observing Toby go off at Liu who smirked over his transgression, the sudden pain in my hand regained my attention.

I tried to hold in most of my voice but the pained cry was still fairly loud, I released Arny from my hold, throwing him away from my body and onto the floor, he tried to get up quickly but was kicked down by Liu.

Toby squatted down by his head, grabbing a tight fistful of his short blond hair, he wordlessly looks up at me looking for an explanation.

"Bitch bit me" This guy just keeps falling down the ladder.

Toby sighed, tugging firmly on the golden threads "Get up"

Arny did so, stumbling to his feet, he held onto Toby's connecting hand for leverage as he was once more dragged down the hall.

I stood for a moment, staring deeply at my dominant hand, the glove itself was disgusting, covered in blood and dirt, why would he bite something so filthy, I glanced at the officer, his lifeless body propped against the back of his office chair, eyes and mouth wide in panic and surprise.

Survival.

I see, but what is so great about his life that he wants to live it, he runs when the situation is no longer in his favour, leaves behind those who relayed on him, acts tough in large groups, he's a rat, a filthy rat.

He acts solely on self preservation, he is so....

so....

Repulsive.