Ch3

The woods are quite nice actually, visually I mean, though its hard to ignore the murderous atmospheres and curious glowing eyes of the woodland critters, if your quick you can catch small amount of sunlight seeping through the leaves, illuminating small splotches of lavender flowers that would otherwise be hidden, I find it hard to believe a monster would live in such a place. That being said, I've yet to meet an actual monster.

I've been walking for a few hours, kicking up some fallen warm coloured leaves as I enjoy the nature, coming upon an embankment I can't help but take a moment and feel the breeze, this is a good place, I want to die here, surrounded by everything and no one. I'm pulled out of my subconscious by a voice, glancing down the embankment I notice four dark figures conversing closely, one of whom being that jacket guy from earlier, he didn't wander far, he appears to be instructing his little group on something, his hands flapped about as he spoke, such a hand talker, oh, the goggle guy interrupted him, there was a small pause before masked guy continued.

I strained my ears to listen in, normally I'm not one to eavesdrop but he was doing the same not an hour earlier, so fair is fair. Mask guy suddenly flung his hands in the air "I'm telling ya, it was insane, this (guy/girl) kicked him so hard it busted his balls!" there talking about me? good thing I hope, the guy in the yellow hood seemed interested, giving his companion his full attention "So there capable of defending themselves? going to be a little harder to get them to leave then" Masked guy nodded "I know hoodie, but its not like we can leave them be either, boss would be pissed" he got some grumbling in return but seemed to have made his point, at least to this "Hoodie" guy, the shorter one in a baseball cap and skull mask seemed to not be paying attention, staring at a squirrel from afar, while goggles popped a squat and noisily chowed on an energy bar, with that said who named this guy after apparel? next ill learn the other guys names are tan jacket, goggles, and cap.

I tuned out anymore of there conversation, leaning on the backside of a tree I pulled a water bottle from my backpack to sip on and pulled out my phone to check the time, I have to head back to my car before it gets dark but I don't want to walk the whole way back, confidently making a V-turn off the trail and threw some foliage I walk off the beaten path, ill have to find the monster another time, I glance over my shoulder as I walk, the little group had already dispersed from below the embankment, perhaps ill see them tomorrow.

I walked out from the tree line, my vehicle sitting untouched only a few feet away, I save myself almost two hours of hiking by going off trail, though obviously I'm unfamiliar with the area and could have very well have been the next victim of the missing persons, actually too bad for that. Maybe ill camp out tomorrow night.

----------------------------------------------

(redacted)

0.5, Note

For those who come searching for a storm, be weary of the rain.